For sale - Sycamore - very large - green

Newman Maintenance

Hi,

I have taken down 2 massive sycamores (over 6ft wide near base), some nice straight lengths up to c.10m.

Before I plank to sell I wanted to see if there was any interest in someone buying unprocessed lengths and to get a rough idea of price.

I doubt it'll be worth me doing it but figured a quick check on here couldn't hurt!

Happy to post photos if it looks like selling is an option.

Thanks,

Andy

IMG-20201111-WA0008.jpg

• Like 6

Hi,

I have taken down 2 massive sycamores (over 6ft wide near base), some nice straight lengths up to c.10m.

Before I plank to sell I wanted to see if there was any interest in someone buying unprocessed lengths and to get a rough idea of price.

I doubt it'll be worth me doing it but figured a quick check on here couldn't hurt!

Happy to post photos if it looks like selling is an option.

Thanks,
Andy
IMG-20201111-WA0008.thumb.jpg.5efa081dbbc0869d03a5a1110100ac14.jpg

WWW.CHANTLERTIMBER.CO.UK

Chantler Timber - Nationwide buyers and suppliers of mature round hardwood timber and freehold woodland

Try these , there was always some one else who pacifically was asking for sycamore in the forestry journal but it’s been a long time since I read one.

Thats a big chunk of timber, biggest problem is moving it, the one your standing against if thats 10mtr long and a estimate of mid diameter of around 125cm that would come in about 10.5 tonne, that would take some moving even if cut in to 3 x 3mtr lengths, most cranes on timber wagons would not lift that ? then there is ground conditions to cope with as well, mill in situe and move with smaller machinery, its a shame really that so much timber like this just ends up as fire wood and it shoudnt do but some times its the only way to get the job finished,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyhuck said:

Firewood guy with a screw splitter or cracker grab, might be interested, Sycy is decent fire wood.

I send allsorts of oversize away for biomass... Bit criminal really but too labour or investment heavy to get to a final product for me. 

Yes a screw splitter job would be ideal for it. 

That picture was took a little while ago as leafs were still on it when felled and i am guessing owner wants it gone, can not see timber merchant wanting it as to knotty. 

Just crack on and firewood it hard work if you can not get big machine near it to cart away or brake it down, that's tree work some times.

• Like 1