Anyone on here work for echo?

tim361

5 hours ago, Piston Skirt said:

Well, stock vs stock 2500/2511 is in the beginning of the video:

in reality the 2511 simply has much bigger balls regardless of what is on that video.  I run two 2511T's and 1 DCS2500T.  I love the Li climbing saw but for pruning and small'ish dismantles it's very good  but when it starts to struggle the 2511T comes out and bosses the job. 

On 09/01/2021 at 18:19, Gnarlyoak said:

Well if you are going to become a European advisor for Echo can you please advise them to make sure they have plenty of spares in stock, in country for their saws please, and available everywhere!! There are a million & 1 outlets all over the web for parts, and bits & bobs for Stihl & Husky saws but a veritable desert for commensurate Echo parts!!!

I don't know what it's like for ground saws (I don't own one) but trying to get spares for their top handle saws (I have a CS-360 TES) is a chuffin nightmare. There have been other threads here on AT about the challenges of finding spares for the 2511T so I'm sure it's not an isolated issue for me & my 360.

So my advise to Echo would be to buy/rent a big (or bigger) warehouse in the middle of the UK, stock half of it with products you want to sell to the professional user, stock the other half with the spares needed to repair those products when they break. A broken saw or other tool collecting dust on a bench in a workshop whilst trying to source spare parts or waiting for them to be shipped in from the far east or some other far flung global manufacturing point is not going to help the professional user make any money. So if buying an Echo professional work tool means having to endure prolonged down time & wasting more time trying to find spares parts, then I'd be better off spending my hard earned on a Stihl or Husky tool where spares are more readily available and easier to acquire from multiple sources. Otherwise, IMHO, Echo cannot really hope to be a long term viable contender in the UK chainsaw market, and risk just being seen as a small, novel bit part player on the side.

As an example, off the shelf parts (when compared to parts I can find for Stihl/Husky) that I am struggling to find (even including on Echo UK's own website) are things like replacement bar; chain sprocket; chain brake spring and or fuel/oil caps. Whilst some official Echo dealerships might have the odd item listed on their own individual websites, I am struck by the prevalence that what few parts are available the majority are listed as "out of stock". Whether this is down to delays along the manufacturing and distribution chain due to Covid or the complex uncertainties brought about by the transition of the UK's departure from the EU's customs union in the run up to Brexit is never clear but "out of stock" smacks of a lack of preparedness and foresight when it comes to Echo's attitude to it's UK after sales market!

Whatever new products that Echo might currently have in development to be brought to the marketplace in 2021, if they haven't got an adequate and readily available stock of spare parts to replace bits when they break, then all they are producing is bigger more expensive paper weight to sit on the repairs shelf collecting dust waiting for spares to be sourced from "gawd knows where, gawd knows when"!

Just my "two penneth" worth. Thanks. 

i understand your frustration but im pretty sure brexit and covid have a massive part to play i don't no exact details but i was told from someone who working with in the brand it takes 4 days to ship the parts to the uk from europe and that was before brexit and covid  my dealer doesn't like to stock the parts on  the shelf he just ordered them in when needed if never had an issue iv ordered a few oil fuel caps and they have always turned up in a couple of days after order i haven't had to order anything recently but i could see if i can find out more info in the next coming days 

10 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

in reality the 2511 simply has much bigger balls regardless of what is on that video.  I run two 2511T's and 1 DCS2500T.  I love the Li climbing saw but for pruning and small'ish dismantles it's very good  but when it starts to struggle the 2511T comes out and bosses the job. 

2500 has slightly more torque but at lower revs and does not have a clutch. Therefore it has to be controlled differenty and for some cutting styles it may not work.

Maximum cutting speed and control (“forgiveness” or “balls”) are different parameters.

Also what most of the tests do not show is cutting speeds at different thicknesses (hence what you say in your post). At the jobs for which both the 25cc saws are made (pruning) they will work like in the video.

BTW, does your 2500T come with .043 Sugihara chain/bar set? Asking for a friend :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Piston Skirt said:

2500 has slightly more torque but at lower revs and does not have a clutch. Therefore it has to be controlled differenty and for some cutting styles it may not work.

Maximum cutting speed and control (“forgiveness” or “balls”) are different parameters.

Also what most of the tests do not show is cutting speeds at different thicknesses (hence what you say in your post). At the jobs for which both the 25cc saws are made (pruning) they will work like in the video.

BTW, does your 2500T come with .043 Sugihara chain/bar set? Asking for a friend :D

as a pruning saw the DCS2500Li is amazing.  Mine came with a 10 inch Panther Chain and Bar (.43) but i prefer an 8 inch panther bar with the .43 stihl chain as it's super smooth and feels safer. 

Just now, wicklamulla said:

as a pruning saw the DCS2500Li is amazing.  Mine came with a 10 inch Panther Chain and Bar (.43) but i prefer an 8 inch panther bar with the .43 stihl chain as it's super smooth and feels safer. 

I’ve never tried it with a Panther bar or chain but at least I know Stihl’s pitch is slightly off 1/4”. You can hear it when you first put on 2500 but later the sprocket wears in and the noise decreases.

Anyway, my point (and that video too) is pruning - for average branches there’s barelly any difference. As for battery usage there is also a lot of saving if you dont push it into the cut - the motor control has an adaptive battery saving function and you can easily save 10-20% of energy without notably sacrificing cutting speed. Just feel the sweet spot with using the least effort.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Piston Skirt said:

I’ve never tried it with a Panther bar or chain but at least I know Stihl’s pitch is slightly off 1/4”. You can hear it when you first put on 2500 but later the sprocket wears in and the noise decreases.

Anyway, my point (and that video too) is pruning - for average branches there’s barelly any difference. As for battery usage there is also a lot of saving if you dont push it into the cut - the motor control has an adaptive battery saving function and you can easily save 10-20% of energy without notably sacrificing cutting speed. Just feel the sweet spot with using the least effort.

yes it does take time to learn how to use the 2500.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 15:49, markrufrider said:

i understand your frustration but im pretty sure brexit and covid have a massive part to play i don't no exact details but i was told from someone who working with in the brand it takes 4 days to ship the parts to the uk from europe and that was before brexit and covid  my dealer doesn't like to stock the parts on  the shelf he just ordered them in when needed if never had an issue iv ordered a few oil fuel caps and they have always turned up in a couple of days after order i haven't had to order anything recently but i could see if i can find out more info in the next coming days 

Just to add my two-penneth...

I've just been quoted 21 week lead time for a clutch plate for a 2511 top handle.

I don't know if that's code for "we're never making any ever again".

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get one from?

Love the saw, but things break (or get lost...) and to have it sat on the bench for the best part of six months is an invitation to buy / use something else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/01/2021 at 11:07, spuddog0507 said:

Well said and thats my take on it as well, got 3 Stihl dealers with in 12 mile of me and 2 husky dealers and 2 Echo dealers, for me my nearest Stihl dealer 1 mile away wins every time, Ok it may not be the cheapest place but not that bad, bought a few new saws of him now and if i need any thing its usually in stock, and last time i took a saw in for repair it was half 4 one afternoon and got a phone call day after at 11am, its ready to collect, i cant argue with that one,,,

Better than mostly, unfortunately.  K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert Lavin said:

I've just been quoted 21 week lead time for a clutch plate for a 2511 top handle.

Love the saw, but things break (or get lost...) and to have it sat on the bench for the best part of six months is an invitation to buy / use something else.

Which part do you need exactly? I have plenty of saws back in stock now so I could have a look at pulling the part of a new machine.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Robert Lavin said:

Skyland equipment has stock I’m not sure what your after is it the clutch cover the clutch bell ???