Work in Queenstown NZ?

• 3 months later...

I was in Queenstown last month. I saw some guys working and asked about work there. He said that there was a new 'crew' that had just moved into town so work was getting a bit low and competitive as there aren't all that many trees there! He said go to Auckland and it'd be pretty easy to find work.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all!

Ive got a mate, who is a fellow tree surgeon, traveling out to new zealend for a few months in may. Hes looking for abit of work to help tide him over, said id just pop something on here for him to see if any of you NZ guys know of anything?

Cheers :001_smile:

contact Rob Slater [email protected] to further this possibility, regards

• 7 months later...

hi all

i've been working in NZ for 2 years and done a year in Queenstown. there are three main companies here which makes it highly competitive for such a small town. Tricky Trees are after climbers at the minute as 1 of theres guys is injured. theyre a small domestic firm with good gear etc. Theres NZ treecare contact Dave Finlin but i dont know much about what they get up to. theres also Treecare Southern Lakes - i've seen the name mentioned on here a few times. the guy ran a big business (like 30 guys) up in Auckland and has relocated here and just wants a small firm. they have big gear and do alot of bigger contracts and site clearance. most of the work in the area can be pretty monotonous but the scenery makes up for it!. expect insidious amounts of Lombardys, Willow and Pine! good luck