Fresh welder... What to get?

swinny

Just now, Ratman said:

I agree with Mike here Lesbert, £1000 might sound expensive........ but you pay for what you get, look after it and it’ll look after you, and if its looking after you, then it becomes a cheap investment in the long run.

There is no issues with it being a cracking welder but i actually read what is posted and reply accordingly. I think everyone would like the best possible kit in what ever job they do but cost is the deciding factor ok mr rata a tat tat 

There is no issues with it being a cracking welder but i actually read what is posted and reply accordingly. I think everyone would like the best possible kit in what ever job they do but cost is the deciding factor ok mr rata a tat tat 

Ok
  • Like 1

This is the power supply to my garage... Wire looks bugger than normal and I told the sparkle to give me a decent cable as was going to run a mig.... Not sure if it's any cop or not but I think it's slightly bigger than usual?

If not I'll get my new man to come and stick me a proper supply in! Cheers.

With regards to price ideally 500 was enough I thought but if I have to spend a little more to get something right than so be it. Quality that lasts and is still running when I retire will do lol 🤣

IMG_20210103_150755.jpg

6 minutes ago, doobin said:

Looks like 6mm, possibly ten. If so you're laughing. What's the breaker rating? Stick a bolt in the fuse and or a 16 amp socket in and crack on.

Big vote for R tech here.

Daft as it sounds which dimension do I measure? Seems wider and a bit deeper than norm.... Will look in the rcb see what amp breaker is

14 minutes ago, Will C said:

That will run the rtec 250amp inverter mig/arc flat out no bother. Flat out on arc you will blow holes in 10mm plate if you try 😂 equally turned down in can weld 1.2mm body work with it. 

Nice choice 

R-Tech 250 Amp Industrial Inverter Mig Welder (240v)

Edited by topchippyles