Meindl Boots

Gnarlyoak

23 minutes ago, herco said:

i have found my old airstreams more dureable , my last 2 pairs didnt last that long.

Seems like quality went down.

Anyone else has this? 

Yes this is why I've just gone down the wood walker route. Sod paying extra and they drop to bits in no time

3 hours ago, lux said:

Switched to Andrews
Best boots I’ve had. A lot of it surely comes down to which you find most comfy.
Boots never last long climbing. All that wedging you’re boot into a union or fork to get a good work position beats the hell out of them.

I had noticed "thumbs up" recommendations for ArbPro Andrew boots in other boot threads on this site. Do they remain consistently good comparable to other popular brands? Anybody else gone for Andrew's without regret or anyone got any negative feedback about them?

I do take on board & concur with what others have said about the lack of consistency in the build quality of same model of boots over time. Usually stick with Haix myself, but my current pair have barely lasted 12 months, last pair 18, when previous pairs I've had over half a decade ago lasted over 2 years!

I had noticed "thumbs up" recommendations for ArbPro Andrew boots in other boot threads on this site. Do they remain consistently good comparable to other popular brands? Anybody else gone for Andrew's without regret or anyone got any negative feedback about them?

I do take on board & concur with what others have said about the lack of consistency in the build quality of same model of boots over time. Usually stick with Haix myself, but my current pair have barely lasted 12 months, last pair 18, when previous pairs I've had over half a decade ago lasted over 2 years!

Andrews work for me. I’m content if any climbing boot goes past a year. 18 months is decent. Climbing boots are a compromise of being sturdy for work but comfortable to walk and drive in. Given the abuse climbing gnarly trees dishes out I just factor them in as a consumable with that kind of lifespan

I’m sure if wore my Andrews just for walking the dogs I’d get many a year from THem.

Aye, you're probably right Lux. I normally like to get my money's worth out of my gear, but it seems these days everything is designed & manufactured to have a limited lifespan, set to self destruct after about a year or just after the warranty runs out forcing you to buy a new replacement!!

Andrews soles usually last about a year before becoming slicks with me. Uppers start to fall apart (eyelets and rand peeling away in flex areas) within a couple of months, particularly the latest pair. They're also a very snug fit with constant pressure on the side of a toe but then that's not unusual for me.

I have used Airstreams for ages now, and I have very wide feet. After a couple of days  the boots are really comfortable for me. Get a year or a little more from them, always the wear on sole that determines when to change.

More recently I keep the older pair for using if I am not climbing and will be on concrete tarmac a lot - why wear out the new ones when dragging etc. If I am climbing or working mainly on grass then I use the new ones.