Best Combi can.

Allar

3 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Because i don't carry the bigger bottle out on jobs, i keep those spare 100ml bottles in the combi can. Also, i previously had the 5L bottle of Stihl oil, so it needed to be measured out one way or another. Bought that 1L bottle as ran out of oil but not using my saws much at the moment.

You're right, in a way it seems pointless. When i'm doing it fulltime i'll get a second combi can. Unlikely to run out with 10L on hand.

Aye I store my combis in a plastic box/tray thingy to keep van clean and have cable tie a wee loop to hold my oil bottle up right in the tub.

Thoose measuring bottles are right handy and fairly clean to use esp at night or in petrol station forecourt.

I used to use empty 1 shot containers but was always messy with the residue in them. Ur bottles with lids would be tidier that way.

I usually fill 1 Jerry can a couple off combis with 2 stroke then a 2nd with straight petrol. 

Always get in the habit of putting the oil in 1st so no matter wot icant use neat fuel. To easy to forget to put it in after.

• Like 1

Another for the Stihl here apart from the silly side bit and the tools all fall out the other side ( have wee bungee cord to pin them
I did like the husky but as moat have said spouts are shite.
Maybe someone should come up with thread adapter so you can put Oregon/ Stihl spouts on the husky, shouldn’t be too hard what with 3D printers n that!

5 hours ago, Billhook said:

I am probably being thick but I mean the grey fitting on the side which does not seem to obviously hold anything.

My can is transparent but the grey fitting is the same .  someone is bound to come along as say "Well it's for storing your ******** stupid!"

Well it's for storing your auto-stop spout stupid!

image.jpg.2a8ca6fec3637e3b82681117733ad833.thumb.jpg.24470cb73ffa36b3eb6dd43ac0d06f3d.jpg20210103_000053.thumb.jpg.0b298434835ba2d3712afd0597aca3db.jpg

Moose, you make me feel very stupid!

To be fair, I have never seen or been offered one of these spouts when buying the can.  I have never had any trouble with putting two filler spouts  which stay on the can similar to these both with screw caps, though I am sure they were nearer a fiver when I bought them.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Made from HDPE and 130 mm long, this is ideal for storing in your luggage. Made from HDPE. With a 29 mm opening, this spout fit's a standard fuel can nozzle. 29 mm Fuel Can...

It seems like a recipe for losing caps and spouts to have to remove them each time and a bore changing the spout over from oil to fuel.

I see that the transparent one is still available on Amazob for about £42 with nozzles which is about the same price as the Husky one

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Stihl Genuine 0000 881 0123 Transparent Prf Combination Caniste: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop Husqvarna Petrol and Oil Combination Combi Can 5 and 2.5 Litres.

29 minutes ago, Billhook said:

I see that the transparent one is still available on Amazob for about £42 with nozzles which is about the same price as the Husky one

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Stihl Genuine 0000 881 0123 Transparent Prf Combination Caniste: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop Husqvarna Petrol and Oil Combination Combi Can 5 and 2.5 Litres.

Yeah but the shipping is 30£ ;(