Bona fida peer reviewed new harness on the job field tested recommendations.

Gnarlyoak

18 hours ago, swinny said:

Haven't really read through all the blurb their Rick lol 

friend of mine had the simarghu and has replaced it fairly recently, I know he had issues with stitches and some other bits so knocked that on the head.

Good luck 🤞

Cheers Swins, good to know mate.

And no, you "REALLY REALLEY" didn't sell me on the TM yet. But I know there must be something good about them as they are always getting recommended but they are also a bit "marmite". 😉

All the best mate.

The new TM Evo with the double bridge is pretty sturdy...  beefed up more that the old TM.

I am my fourth TM.  I am not a fan boy either.  It just fits rights.  Maybe I was just lucky and got my first one dialled in then each time I got a new one I just set and taped the straps in the same places.  

Just got an Evo and done the setup but waiting for some less wet weather to try it out on a job.

I know this doesn’t help much but it is my 0.2cents worth.  🤪

Been on the TM for the last 3 years and really like it but tried a Petzl Sequoia this week. Much better in some aspects, no stupidly vulnerable elastic cord at the back, much lighter, decent gear loops and seems to be easier moving through restricted crotches. Has the option of an adjustable bridge as well, ideal for those of us in their 6th decade. On the downside I used the leg Ds more than the side Ds on the TM, might have been adjustment but the Sequoia leg Ds just didn't work for me.

I'll probably go with the Sequoia for my next harness given price and adjustable bridge option. It's also much closer to the rock harnesses I'm used to, particularly the SRT version.

I went from a Willians to cresto sky belt and had a few tree Austria’s and now on my fourth tm .. I honestly can’t find a comfier harness but every one is different! Only down side is the new TM is the buckles adjust them selves but a bit of pine sap in the webbing seems to have solved that.

59 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I went from a Willians to cresto sky belt and had a few tree Austria’s and now on my fourth tm .. I honestly can’t find a comfier harness but every one is different! Only down side is the new TM is the buckles adjust them selves but a bit of pine sap in the webbing seems to have solved that.

You mean the evo or the STD one?

I started on a second hand Williams.... Then had to climb on a leather weaver harness at work for a while before moving on :D

• Like 1

Evo swinny, it’s alright apart from that but I think any harness you buy now will have to have those quick release buckles which is a shame as that what was good about that harness , once you had it adjusted to your build it was perfect (if you liked it!} but now it slips off you!

I started on an old Dragonfly, then went to a Stein Vega, which was a very comfy harness but lacked the versatility of the ‘full fat’ TM, of which I’m now on my second.
(The webbing that connects the leg loops is prone to chaffing where they pass through the lower D’s of the TM)
I see a lot of different harnesses in the course of my LOLER work.
The Simhargu and Kolibri types look well made, while the Petzl Sequoia seems of inferior quality, particularly the plastic connectors.
Another minus for the TM is that it is designed to be worn ‘low slung’ and as such isn’t good for hanging a big saw off. Great for canopy access and limb walks, but can be tricky getting it to stay up without the shoulder straps when doing dismantles.
The Monkey Beaver looks really good but not sure if it’s available with a CE mark. (Or whether Brexit will eventually mean that we will be able to get US climbing gear Lolered in the UK)