Coppicing insurance

My insurance is up for renewal, stripped to basics coppicing / small felling with 1 million public liability - the broker has just said that that their prior prices cano no longer be even remotely matched and up goes the premium by just over 100 to just over 400. This probably is still reasonable, but is anyone paying much less?

Edited by Acerforestry

5 hours ago, Acerforestry said:

My insurance is up for renewal, stripped to basics coppicing / small felling with 1 million public liability - the broker has just said that that their prior prices cano no longer be even remotely matched and up goes the premium by just over 100 to just over 400. This probably is still reasonable, but is anyone paying much less?

Less!!!! mines nearly ten grand rip his arm off

5 hours ago, Acerforestry said:

I’d be getting more than £1M insurance.

even a small tree lands on someone could ruin their life and £1M won’t cover it if they are turned into a vegetable so to speak...

For it to be worth writing the paperwork  I’d have thought £10.00 a week/£2.00 a day for your insurance is a reasonable figure 

mines for four people 5 million pl 10 million el you should really be looking at 2.5/5 million public liability just to cover yourself

4 hours ago, dumper said:

For it to be worth writing the paperwork  I’d have thought £10.00 a week/£2.00 a day for your insurance is a reasonable figure 

mines for four people 5 million pl 10 million el you should really be looking at 2.5/5 million public liability just to cover yourself

Yes fair comment I will up the liability