TR8 woes.

lux

19 minutes ago, lux said:

No not rocket science at all. Pleased to see everyone is confirming they would be asking for a replacement or refund in my position.

If you are set on trying another get a contract written up that if it goes wrong , anything , you get your dosh back quick smart .

• Like 2

If you are set on trying another get a contract written up that if it goes wrong , anything , you get your dosh back quick smart .

Yes stubby. I’ve been musing to myself how I might set my complaint out. These things have to be done giving them adequate opportunity to resolve the issue and progressively escalate etc. That way if forst fail to deliver I should be fairly water tight if things get messy ( which I don’t want but am prepared ) I def need to ensure I don’t end up out of pocket

1 minute ago, lux said:

Yes stubby. I’ve been musing to myself how I might set my complaint out. These things have to be done giving them adequate opportunity to resolve the issue and progressively escalate etc. That way if forst fail to deliver I should be fairly water tight if things get messy ( which I don’t want but am prepared ) I def need to ensure I don’t end up out of pocket

Well as I see it you are already out of pocket with all the down time . If you agreed to another new machine and you had the same issues all over again you would be suicidal !   

• Sad 1

Well as I see it you are already out of pocket with all the down time . If you agreed to another new machine and you had the same issues all over again you would be suicidal !   

Sadly the processes don’t allow or compensate for my lost time at work. I have to suck that bit up.

To be fair the problems your having ain't a patch on what I had!
Yours are definitely annoying don't get me wrong.
Sheered of feed roller motors resulting in pipes ripping off and bending shafts X 2
Spout wearing through
Accel mounts cracking
Hopper weld's cracking
Stop bar falling off like yours
Bonnets cracking and hinge's shearing off, got to site and was only gas struts holding it on
Final straw was chip chamber cracking open and as much chip coming out the bottom as out the spout.
Fair comment every time we had a problem it was sorted but down time was definitely becoming a issue.
In the end they told it back and completely referbed it which took nearly a month and 2 lone chipper's also broke down. so I had a brand new chipper with a 200hr engine and chip disk in it but by that point I'd lost faith in the machine so invested in a bandit.
Took me way to long to shift the st8 and made a massive loss on it just to clear the remaining finance and fuel left in the tank!

I still find it such a shame that if they put as much effort into sorting out some stupidly simple engineering falts and just spent a little more on longer weld's and final finished it wouldn't add that much to the cost of making the machine and they could truly have a size class flagship machine as hell they can be a productive machine with fantastic feed potential.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gray git said:

To be fair the problems your having ain't a patch on what I had!
Yours are definitely annoying don't get me wrong.
Sheered of feed roller motors resulting in pipes ripping off and bending shafts X 2
Spout wearing through
Accel mounts cracking
Hopper weld's cracking
Stop bar falling off like yours
Bonnets cracking and hinge's shearing off, got to site and was only gas struts holding it on
Final straw was chip chamber cracking open and as much chip coming out the bottom as out the spout.
Fair comment every time we had a problem it was sorted but down time was definitely becoming a issue.
In the end they told it back and completely referbed it which took nearly a month and 2 lone chipper's also broke down. so I had a brand new chipper with a 200hr engine and chip disk in it but by that point I'd lost faith in the machine so invested in a bandit.
Took me way to long to shift the st8 and made a massive loss on it just to clear the remaining finance and fuel left in the tank!

I still find it such a shame that if they put as much effort into sorting out some stupidly simple engineering falts and just spent a little more on longer weld's and final finished it wouldn't add that much to the cost of making the machine and they could truly have a size class flagship machine as hell they can be a productive machine with fantastic feed potential.

They need a revamp of their QC .  Or maybe they don't have any at all ?

Edited by Stubby

I think that part of it is that when folk buy a new machine,they don't want to admit it might be absolute pants.

So they put up with the problems untill they are finally ironed out,or they get rid of it and not talk to much as to not look the fool.

Forst used to offer 3 year warranty, then reduced it to two.

Some gear you just can't economize materials extensively .Woodchippers should be built to a standard, not a price point .

• Like 1

I think that part of it is that when folk buy a new machine,they don't want to admit it might be absolute pants.

So they put up with the problems untill they are finally ironed out,or they get rid of it and not talk to much as to not look the fool.

Forst used to offer 3 year warranty, then reduced it to two.

Some gear you just can't economize materials extensively .Woodchippers should be built to a standard, not a price point .

It’s still a 3 yr warranty.
  • Like 1