TR8 woes.

lux

2 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

If they are still going. I read today that you are better paying with HP or a credit card and then you are insured or can hand it back. Not sure where I read it, maybe on here.

I think you are one of the most least knowledgeable people about the industry on here.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

I’am not a fan off social media and Arbtalk is the closest I get but even I know that in today’s world social media plays a massive part in what people look at for advice and reviews....and not being funny but do you really think that if Lux hadn’t started a post on here with all the negativity that FORST would still have done anything? Personally I doubt it very much but obviously I could be wrong but I think it was a deciding factor that they have coughed up a new machine...lets hope they do it for all the rest of there customers who have had major issues.

So you would prefer they had not replaced the machine?

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I have a Forst and have dealt with Redwood, I believe they would have changed it whatever.

I get were you coming from Mick but what i’am saying is thatbin this particular instance I do believe that the guy who started the post got a result by coming on to a social media site and bemoaning a machine he got from FORST....it could have been a Timberwolf or Greenmech and it would have been interesting to see what the outcome would have been but i’am only commenting on this particular post and I firmly believe he did the right thing and got the intended response and all i’am saying would he have if he hadn’t?

9 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

They have put out a new design machine and its came back with all the teething problems. Folk will wait a while to see if they have fixed them and if they have then they may come good but I would wait a year before I would trust them again. Reputation is everything in business. 

How many times have you used/dealt with Forst?

1 minute ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

I've never dealt with them, I'm only going by what I have read on here. You can't make a chipper with all those faults not to be new. I understand business and something like this can put you under.

I don’t think there is much chance of them going under and i’am sure that in years to come they could well be the go to firm for a Chipper but saying that I think they have a long way to go as far as reliability and build quality is concerned....but all that has been covered a million times on here over the years...all I wanted to say was personally I think the lad got a great result with getting a new machine and posting his issues on here was in my view a deciding factor.

13 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

I don’t think there is much chance of them going under and i’am sure that in years to come they could well be the go to firm for a Chipper but saying that I think they have a long way to go as far as reliability and build quality is concerned....but all that has been covered a million times on here over the years...all I wanted to say was personally I think the lad got a great result with getting a new machine and posting his issues on here was in my view a deciding factor.

They need to look at what they are building and think is it going to put up with day in day out work. There cad and computer design team need to look at how stuff has been built in the passed and work well.

Years ago stuff was tested to destruction before going on the market dose this happen now or do they get Tree surgeon to try them and comment on them.

I know a lad how welded up chippers for a company well known by all of us on here and gave up working for them when they told him not to double weld weak points.  

Edited by woody paul
  • Like 2