TR8 woes.

lux

On 04/01/2021 at 07:13, skyhuck said:

Unless the law has been changed in recent time, once you have allowed a manufacture or supplier to carryout repairs to a product, you cannot then demand a refund or replacement.

If a new product is faulty you can demand a replacement or refund rather than accept a repair, but once you accept a repair, your right to a refund is lost and must allow continuing repairs. 

Not very fair IMO. 

After my dealings with a 56 plate Audi Q7, trading standards told me that if my consumer rights had been breached and the supplier was acting in a disrespectful manner or making demands that I felt were not fair or right then the I had the right to request a refund if I did not want to accept a replacement. In my case, finding that spec/colour/mileage Q7 was unlikely, they made no attempt to offer to fix the car in a satisfactory manner so they had to refund the money. They ignored the letters so I spoke to the bank. If the car was financed, or brought with a card then the bank would repay me the money and I had to get the goods back to them. It too some time and I did loose some money but I did get the purchase price back after some 9 months. They helped me write letters and talked me through the process from end to end. When I thanked them for their help, they said that a file was already open on that supplier due to previous complaints and that the file will always be there.

A comment from the Solicitor at the CAB was - 'Your rights as the consumer overcome their rights as the seller, they cannot stop you from talking about the deal, asking advice, or requesting your money back, if your rights have been breached then they then have to satisfy those rights in a fit and proper manner. You are not due any recompense for consequential losses or out of pocket expenses except through a civil procedure, the balance of which is different and with greater risk".

• Like 4

I had a very decent conversation with Forst regarding my machines faults.

Given the exceptionally low hours of the machine Forst are replacing the machine under warranty without reservation.
They came out and collected my machine, have provided a loan machine until my new one is built and I should get the new one around about the beginning of March.

I was delighted to see that a lot of the faults that have occurred with mine have already been redesigned and will be different on my replacement machine. ( mine was one of the first Doosan models on the market so had a few new features / designs)

The linkage to the stop bar is completely redesigned , new infeed roller blades , new exhaust which is down swept so no drilling required on the bonnet. Relays repositioned I think. They have certainly moved quickly to iron out early issues on the new Doosan TR8

I’m hugely impressed with the attitude and response from Forst. Without exception their customer service and speed at updating their machine has been second to none. Probably , no definitely , the best customer service I’ve experienced.

I’m looking forward to getting the new machine with its improvements.

• Like 18

So all good, but along time to wait for new replacement. And how will land up with you old one or maybe they will put new modified part on and a new lick of paint and you get it back. 

Not unreasonable given the current circumstances. 6/7 weeks. I’ve been waiting over 3 months for my custom canopy being built by n and j aluminium
Ifor williams can’t meet some trailer orders til October they are so stuffed atm.
March seemed pretty fair all in all

The old one goes in for a strip down and will be rebuilt from the ground up, with the newer modifications I would assume. What they do with it after that point I know not. Might stay on their fleet or be sold as a refurb,

Either way I get a new contract on the new machine. Legally needs to be done due to serial numbers etc otherwise in theory I could still have rights to the old machine etc etc.

All seems pretty water tight to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lux said:

I had a very decent conversation with Forst regarding my machines faults.

Given the exceptionally low hours of the machine Forst are replacing the machine under warranty without reservation.
They came out and collected my machine, have provided a loan machine until my new one is built and I should get the new one around about the beginning of March.

I was delighted to see that a lot of the faults that have occurred with mine have already been redesigned and will be different on my replacement machine. ( mine was one of the first Doosan models on the market so had a few new features / designs)

The linkage to the stop bar is completely redesigned , new infeed roller blades , new exhaust which is down swept so no drilling required on the bonnet. Relays repositioned I think. They have certainly moved quickly to iron out early issues on the new Doosan TR8

I’m hugely impressed with the attitude and response from Forst. Without exception their customer service and speed at updating their machine has been second to none. Probably , no definitely , the best customer service I’ve experienced.

I’m looking forward to getting the new machine with its improvements.

Glad all sorted but to be realistic what choice did they have as you have posted all the problems that you were haveing on a social media site as they couldn’t have turned around and said to you tough shit mate as they know how many potential customers would be reading this post....don’t get me wrong that’s a great result for you but they couldn’t have paid for such advertising and endorsement of there Machine & Service with the feedback that you have just given them on here.

Edited by 5 shires