TR8 woes.

lux

A425 is 245x200mm infeed
A540 is 210x190mm

whats the Först? 

I’d have to look up the opening size to be honest.
Generally just go by the max dimension it will chip. Or the 200mm
Although the bigger opening would most likely speed up chipping smaller brash getting more through
But essentially there is a huge size and weight difference between those two Jensen models with very little difference in large timber capacity. 190 v 200mm.
At a glance there doesn’t seem much point getting the a425 over the a540.
Just wondered if there was something particularly trick about the 425. ??

2 hours ago, lux said:

At a glance there doesn’t seem much point getting the a425 over the a540.
Just wondered if there was something particularly trick about the 425. ??

A425 has 15 extra horses, bigger heavier flywheel, bigger feed opening and slightly bigger hopper opening.

Its generally a higher capacity chipper than the a540. 

All 8" chippers will chip a log up to 8"dia... But some are happier than others to do it all day, or drag in whole 8" diameter trees/branches without snedding

• Thanks 1

A425 has 15 extra horses, bigger heavier flywheel, bigger feed opening and slightly bigger hopper opening.

All 8" chippers will chip a log up to 8"dia... But some are happier than others to do it all day, or drag in whole 8" diameter trees/branches without snedding

That’s my thinking. It doesn’t chip bigger really but will have higher productivity / output per hour

Probably a big difference in price .....

The 425 just seemed a bit lost in the line up. I’d miss it and hop up to the 10 inch chipper. A decent chipper all the same I suspect though.

8 minutes ago, tree_beard said:

Its the ability to make brash go to nothing that does it for me >   Then I would keep anything that looks like fire wood  .