TR8 woes.

lux

Flip em every 3 weeks more like !

Come on stubby. It doesn’t last that long with out breaking again. .....
I did kind of half anticipate the old fault in 3 years, I seem to have had them all in 3 months though.

Doesn’t make me a happy camper that’s for sure
It’s just daft it first don’t iron their machines out. I such a decent chipper when , and I do mean when , it’s working.

In my circumstances it would take a lot to get their act together.

I think the guy is allowed to recount his positive experiences with his machines here, threads develop and change. 

Plenty of other issues in the industry have come under discussion in this thread.

Agreed. I’m encouraged to see the positive experiences people have had with forst. Gotta have some hope somewhere eh ....
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I think the guy is allowed to recount his positive experiences with his machines here, threads develop and change. 

Plenty of other issues in the industry have come under discussion in this thread.

He also answered a direct question and got his throat chewed for no apparent reason.  

Had a Russian student at one tree confrence few years ago, he said in the 70,s all Russian goods had a date stamp on them - you never bought anything made on Friday ( weekly quota to finish) or Monday ( massively hungover)  definately not end of month ( whole factory shipping it out so they didnt care if knobs were missing) K

• Haha 1

Had a Russian student at one tree confrence few years ago, he said in the 70,s all Russian goods had a date stamp on them - you never bought anything made on Friday ( weekly quota to finish) or Monday ( massively hungover)  definately not end of month ( whole factory shipping it out so they didnt care if knobs were missing) K

That’s probably got more to do with communism than anything else..........
thankfully I don’t need to factor that in when speaking to forst tomorrow ....

Probably some truth to his story though !

40 minutes ago, lux said:

Come on stubby. It doesn’t last that long with out breaking again. .....
I did kind of half anticipate the old fault in 3 years, I seem to have had them all in 3 months though.

Doesn’t make me a happy camper that’s for sure
It’s just daft it first don’t iron their machines out. I such a decent chipper when , and I do mean when , it’s working.

In my circumstances it would take a lot to get their act together.

Agreed they chip like a nutter when working , no better than the Jensen its modeled on though ....

Agreed they chip like a nutter when working , no better than the Jensen its modeled on though ....

It wouldn’t, it’s a Jensen with different paint.

To be fair the newer ones have differed more than the old did. Hasn’t made it more reliable though .....

I was looking at the jensen chipper specs last night.
Substantially heavier than other chippers.
I don’t get the line up though.

The a540 and a425 are only 10mm different in capacity but a huge difference in size of machine. What’s the point of the a425. ? No folding hopper which is nice. Less to wear out.
Might as well go up to the 328 or 231 to get a noticeable increase in capacity.