TR8 woes.

lux

You're not being very clear in your arguments I'm afraid khriss... That and you're wrong...

Sub 750kg chippers have been the staple of the UK tree cutting industry since the late 90s. There are plenty of 20yr old examples still chipping happily. Its perfectly possible to make a lightweight chipper that isn't built like a clown car.

Chippers that have multiple, major mechanical and structural failures from new, that's the new phenomenon...

• Like 5

lux,

Very sorry to hear your woes (and Gray git) -  was hoping I was an exception. I bought an ST6P a year ago and the list of issues is very similar to yours from start to now  (110hrs- double you ! ).   I had a Jensen A530Di before for 14years (small outfit , used only 3 days a week) and owner operated so it has minimal abuse. Jensen was still pretty good when I sold it. Bought a Forst 1) as its British 2) thought they would have copied the best bits of Jensen as I bought mine from them originally 3) emissions. 4) sucker for a free beer at the show . Ironically I wasn't bothered with being below 750kg, just didn't want it over the 850kg or so of the Jensen.

As I say very similar list of woes with a particularly spectacular threatening handover thrown in at the start. (as you say some good support following all the breakdowns which is appreciated but certainly no recognition of mistakes on their part and too many...............).

Was feeling particularly despondent  just before xmas when I got  a chirpy call from a sales rep at Forst asking for feedback. I laughed and asked him several times did he really want feedback as I had a lot. He insisted he did. He suggested 1/2 way through the chat/rant that I write it all down and I said I would rather not and he said no problem tell him on the phone. I did ,he said someone would contact me . Email followed from an other saying could I write it down and again explain all the issues. I said i'd rather tell them on the phone, again. He replied to say he was travelling all the following week so couldn't take comprehensive notes(which seems a bit weird to me ) - could I write it down. I pointed out that they had contacted me , asked me for feedback and I had even suggested they might not want it. Another email saying they would try and ring me the week after (before xmas). Nothing as yet.........

I know my own business is not perfect. I know we all have issues this year . At the very least why bother phoning me for feedback ?

Little bit worried that my 14 years of saving to buy this chipper might not have been well spent. Been planning to write the email.

Good luck lux. You sound very reasonable to me - hopefully they will be too.

Forst . I think a lot of us would like to back you , but ...............??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, tree_beard said:

You're not being very clear in your arguments I'm afraid khriss... That and you're wrong...

Sub 750kg chippers have been the staple of the UK tree cutting industry since the late 90s. There are plenty of 20yr old examples still chipping happily. Its perfectly possible to make a lightweight chipper that isn't built like a clown car.

Chippers that have multiple, major mechanical and structural failures from new, that's the new phenomenon...

Probably the interruptions i been getting.... You heard of this Tarquin? K