TR8 woes.

lux

As I said I’m having a period of relative calm with mine.
I keep the rollers on 4.5 speed and keep the roller springs slack when the rollers are shut.
I also had the shaft and rotor out and professionally rebalanced which solved a lot of vibration issues.

Bit different I know,
But educational.

[emoji106]
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, lux said:

That they are , and the first person had the benefit and safety of the warranty.
One thing this experience does highlight is its worth its weight in gold.
If I’d bought a used forst outside of their network I’d be having my pants pulled down on a weekly basis ...

That could happen with any make machine.

Don’t see so many Jensen around now as maybe 10 yrs ago.

Me personally would never buy a new chipper again. Sadly the same with most people and makes once they have your money you can wait a bit.

To me warranty isn't worth a shit and at times is more hassle than it's worth. 

I could take an older machine and do the same amount of work as you any day of the week. 

Also I'm not sure who on this earth would be daft enough to buy a used forst... 

Non of this is a dig at you or your situation. You've been sold a pup by the sounds of it. 

Good second hand machine and a good knowledge of spanners is the way forwards I say. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lux said:

8 out of 10 disagreements can be resolved with an axe khriss, for the rest break out the 880

.... With yr luck - some bugger would have put chain on blunt n backwards ☺️  K

Edited by Khriss
( tho frankly my day not going so well neither)

Me personally would never buy a new chipper again. Sadly the same with most people and makes once they have your money you can wait a bit.

I could take an older machine and do the same amount of work as you any day of the week. 

Non of this is a dig at you or your situation. You've been sold a pup by the sounds of it. 

Good second hand machine and a good knowledge of spanners is the way forwards I say. 

Can’t say I agree on warranty. Bloody glad I’ve got one at the moment.

This could happen with any brand of chipper to be fair.

Buying a used chipper could be a minefield. If it’s such a good chipper why is someone moving it on ...

Horses for courses swinny.

The important part of this is how forst respond to Remedy the situation.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, swinny said:

Got to agree there swinny, its  bearings, bolts, rollers, motors an a grease gun. Ag socket set an a fvvking big hammer. Not that this helps our man here, legal route may be only way now  😕  K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

As I said I’m having a period of relative calm with mine.

I keep the rollers on 4.5 speed and keep the roller springs slack when the rollers are shut.

I also had the shaft and rotor out and professionally rebalanced which solved a lot of vibration issues.

Jesus mick this thread is about chippers not your love life 🙄 ( slack-shaft- vibration) Got it on the brain man 😂