TR8 woes.

lux

@lux am aghast at yr situation, cant offer better advice than others have stated. Just hope Forst are having a bloody good read here. If were my company i would be in the workshop monday tearing strips off. Couple old lads in pub used to blab on at what they did at Fords in 1970s, look what happened there. K

As they say kriss , “worse things have happened at sea “
It’s very frustrating but no point crying about it.

Hopefully a swift resolution will be found. [emoji106]
  • Like 1

What was his response / attitude to resolving your issues ?
Like a politician to be honest, denial of a problem existing, no direct answer to a question, this must be a really isolated problem while ignoring the list of 5+others I can name who have had the same and finally as a gesture of goodwill we will do something whilst still trying to say it's our fault.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, lux said:

Did they have to skim it to balance it up ?

Yeah roller speed depending on material mine stays between 4 and 5.5 most of the time. A small tweak for different chipping makes a good difference

Tbh I don’t know how they did it, I used an agricultural engineer who I have a great deal of faith in, or how it got out of balance, though I have my suspicions that the guy who replaced the bearings may be the cause (not Forst’s fault)

Like a politician to be honest, denial of a problem existing, no direct answer to a question, this must be a really isolated problem while ignoring the list of 5+others I can name who have had the same and finally as a gesture of goodwill we will do something whilst still trying to say it's our fault.

Interesting. Thanks. Forewarned is forearmed as they say

Tbh I don’t know how they did it, I used an agricultural engineer who I have a great deal of faith in, or how it got out of balance, though I have my suspicions that the guy who replaced the bearings may be the cause (not Forst’s fault)

Good fitter is worth his weight ...

No wonder those mechanics on Gold Rush are the highest paid employees

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Just hope Forst are having a bloody good read here.

If they are they should step up and get in touch with lux before he gets in touch which would be good customer service and show they are a British company worth dealing with and not one we shouldn't be dealing with. 

Edited by woody paul
  • Like 1

I have sorted a few woodchippers, an couple right old shit boxes, they are simple really, remember sharpening old roller n put new anvil in - bloke thought i was Jesus!  Thing must have been 20 yrs old but really nothing but neglected. Not the case here but baffling, this Forst lot, reputationally this is a black hole they climbing ( or not trying to)  out of. K