TR8 woes.

lux

35 minutes ago, lux said:

Ha. Buy a machine that size without a full warranty. No chance.

A new one maybe Mr stubby.

Id be interested to see a schleising. They have a good reputation. The engine for the 8” tracked chipper seems very small on paper. But as always the proof is in the pudding !

A mate recently bought a brand new tow-behind schleising - it’s a small chipper (6 or 7 inch). Cost £30k(!) and has been a bit of a disaster, he’s had to have it repaired locally (with the importer’s approval) and then run it back to them for even more work which cost him a day to take it down and another day to bring it back. They don’t have any support network at all by the sounds of things, and I don’t think they’ve done anything to contribute to his messing around. He is far too polite a chap to kick up a fuss though (I’m not sure I’d have been so understanding)...

A mate recently bought a brand new tow-behind schleising - it’s a small chipper (6 or 7 inch). Cost £30k(!) and has been a bit of a disaster, he’s had to have it repaired locally (with the importer’s approval) and then run it back to them for even more work which cost him a day to take it down and another day to bring it back. They don’t have any support network at all by the sounds of things, and I don’t think they’ve done anything to contribute to his messing around. He is far too polite a chap to kick up a fuss though (I’m not sure I’d have been so understanding)...

That’s a shame. Shows what good service is worth. Dealer support is vital.
Buying a machine for me has to factor what local (ish) backup they offer. Forst are only about an hour from me

30 minutes ago, lux said:

Don’t see so many Jensen around now as maybe 10 yrs ago.

Most likely due to Först! the Först company - as i understood was created after Redwood, who were the sole importers of Jensen, got the hump when Jensen opened up their UK market to other dealers. Redwoods son(?) set up his own chipper make, Först. Hence their stark resembelance to Jensen machines

Its a real shame you've had so many problems, i was looking forward to an off the shelf, decent hp, 8" machine.

• Like 1

Wow..and I won’t start by slagging Of FORST it not called for or helps you in anyway but that’s quite a few things going wrong with a brand new machine and like you said the service your haveing is as good as it gets but I would guess by now you have lost all faith in this particular machine and without going on and on I would suggest you ask,no on second thoughts tell FORST to come and get the machine and give you a replacement and start a fresh....have you got it on finance or brought it?either way use your warranty as you have purchased a sub standard machine and it’s not fit for purpose. 

Spitting the dummy never helps. Just makes you look daft. Hopefully forst and I will be able to resolve it on good terms all round [emoji106]
  • Like 3

Most likely due to Först! the Först company - as i understood was created after Redwood, who were the sole importers of Jensen, got the hump when Jensen opened up their UK market to other dealers. Redwoods son(?) set up his own chipper make, Först. Hence their stark resembelance to Jensen machines

Its a real shame you've had so many problems, i was looking forward to an off the shelf, decent hp, 8" machine.

You’re exactly right Josh. No doubt they took a fair chunk of Jensen’ business.

2 hours ago, lux said:

Spitting the dummy never helps. Just makes you look daft. Hopefully forst and I will be able to resolve it on good terms all round emoji106.png

Who said anything about spitting there dummy out?you have reeled of a major list of problems with a brand new machine and as you said it’s costing you money and aggravation on down time.....you would be perfectly within your rights to ask for a new like for like machine...trust me you will never have any faith in that machine again no matter how many time s they repair it and keep getting it sorted.

I’ve found overland very helpful for schliesing parts and on a whole they are a far more agricultural machine to work on than other brands .. but I do know the where abouts of a very good chipper mechanic and the difference between him doing work on a machine and another reputable company who I last used is massive , I’d rather some one spot a future problem and resolve it than patch it up and hope for the best for it to come back in 6 months worse than when it went in the first time and try and sell you a new forst on green mech if they are now dealers for them!
If he’s in the north east I can give you the company and mechanic to deal with , he formally did all the schliesing repairs for warranty years back when he worked for another company so knows his way around them.
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I’ve found overland very helpful for schliesing parts and on a whole they are a far more agricultural machine to work on than other brands .. but I do know the where abouts of a very good chipper mechanic and the difference between him doing work on a machine and another reputable company who I last used is massive , I’d rather some one spot a future problem and resolve it than patch it up and hope for the best for it to come back in 6 months worse than when it went in the first time and try and sell you a new forst on green mech if they are now dealers for them!
If he’s in the north east I can give you the company and mechanic to deal with , he formally did all the schliesing repairs for warranty years back when he worked for another company so knows his way around them.

In the North West - he has had Scheislings forever and I doubt would ever buy anything else. Also uses (religiously) the best chipper mechanic I’ve ever come across (who the dealers gave their consent to sort the first issue). 
The machine is obviously made of very good components, and once right will probably be a great machine. 
If I’d spent £30k on it I’d be getting my money back one way or another though, this one is a load of shit and the dealer hasn’t done anything to support it from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lux said:

That’s a shame. Shows what good service is worth. Dealer support is vital.
Buying a machine for me has to factor what local (ish) backup they offer. Forst are only about an hour from me

If that near would make an appointment with CEO of forst and turn up with machine and get him to look into it, as he may not be a were of the problems they are having. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1