TR8 woes.

lux

The electrical issues are 100% not ok.

the cracked paint/weld is worrying

the loose bolts are annoying niggles. Shouldn’t need to be regularly be retightening them though.

Was going to say the paint isn’t worth worrying about but looking again, it’s not ok 

I’d have been at my wits end if I was you, downtime can really hurt small businesses 

out of interest, how much was it? 

The electrical issues are 100% not ok.

the cracked paint/weld is worrying

the loose bolts are annoying niggles. Shouldn’t need to be regularly be retightening them though.

Was going to say the paint isn’t worth worrying about but looking again, it’s not ok 

I’d have been at my wits end if I was you, downtime can really hurt small businesses 

out of interest, how much was it? 

£28.5 k plus vat

2 minutes ago, lux said:

£28.5 k plus vat

I think the whole shit show has become totally unacceptable now .  I would have no confidence in it and would always be worrying when the the next thing was going to happen .  I would be looking at another manufacturer .

• Like 1

I think the whole shit show has become totally unacceptable now .  I would have no confidence in it and would always be worrying when the the next thing was going to happen .  I would be looking at another manufacturer .

That’s pretty much where I’m at stubby. But I’d take a brand new machine for mine and give it a second chance. I’m trying to be reasonable but it’s wearing thin I must say
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, lux said:

£28.5 k plus vat

The other issue is resale value on these - other than Först nobody else seems willing to offer a decent part-ex price which potentially locks you into their brand. 
Good luck however you move forwards - if possible I’d consider getting your money back and chucking a bit more in to get a 1928 Safetrak. Anyone who has had bad experience of these tends to have only used badly maintained examples (every mong and his dog has had a miserable stint on the side of a railway feeding thorn into one that has been ‘serviced’ by a plant-fitter who know nothing about sharp blades/anvils/feed rollers etc - obviously they subsequently compare them to a super-sharp Först they used on another job...)
The smaller Bandits are well built but I don’t think they perform as well as the GM/TW/Forst/Jensen equivalents sadly. They are the benchmark from 12 inch upwards though! 

• Like 5

The other issue is resale value on these - other than Först nobody else seems willing to offer a decent part-ex price which potentially locks you into their brand. 
Good luck however you move forwards - if possible I’d consider getting your money back and chucking a bit more in to get a 1928 Safetrak. Anyone who has had bad experience of these tends to have only used badly maintained examples (every mong and his dog has had a miserable stint on the side of a railway feeding thorn into one that has been ‘serviced’ by a plant-fitter who know nothing about sharp blades/anvils/feed rollers etc - obviously they subsequently compare them to a super-sharp Först they used on another job...)
The smaller Bandits are well built but I don’t think they perform as well as the GM/TW/Forst/Jensen equivalents sadly. They are the benchmark from 12 inch upwards though! 

Yeah I was aware of getting ‘tied in ‘ to forst in that but was willing to try.

I’m reassured others seem to see it the same as I do so I’ll have a conversation with them next week and see where we get to.

It’s a dub machine, put together on a Friday, I’d be demanding a replacement or a refund. In the end of the day they are just a cheap copy of a Jensen. You pay top money for a brand new machine with the expectation of then benefit of it being reliable, dependable. I think that you are well within your right to demand such

• Like 1

Not rocket science is it lux.I had something similar a few years back after buying a new 1.5 ton bobcat excavator and damn thing was breaking down every couple of days. Went on for 8 weeks and plodding along with a 20 year old kubota every time thing kept breaking down or throwing tracks. In  the end fooking guts full so sent the thing back and had a full refund and went for a different manufacturer.50 hrs in and all this so can you imagine 12/18 months down the line. New replacement machine or refund is the route i would go. 28k and multiple issues to show for it 😒