TR8 woes.

lux

Picture third from bottom looks like the steel has cracked along the weld.Might just be the paint cracking,but I would have a closer look at it.

What would your reaction be if Forst replaced your chipper with a new one,and the new one did the same thing?

To be honest I’d take it. If a replacement machine suffered the same fails then I’d be looking for an exit from forst and some money back. I’m not looking to be unreasonable or unrealistic.

I get what your saying in that the replacement could do exactly the same but I will give benefit of the doubt
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Do you think you should have bought a TW280?

Behave !   You aint bought a woodchipper yet! 

One observation is the welding, short welds with big gaps between,  in a lot of the construction, would have liked to see longer welds n shorter gaps. K

• Haha 1

In general, dont like powder coating fr ag- plant, nice coat of Mebon or other 2 pack primer, then yr top.  What they use on salt gritters chassis. K

Me either , when damaged and water gets under it it comes off in sheets but it is what it is.

Got an ST8, been a bit of a witch’s curse if I’m honest.

Actually been running consistently well for a while now, which is tempting fate.

As for your situation, if they keep fixing it there’s not much you can do unless you break out the big guns ie. demanding a replacement or reimbursement.

As you have stated they’re very good at after sales stuff and generally helpful.

If you’re going to get serious then the sooner you do it the better.

• Like 1

Got an ST8, been a bit of a witch’s curse if I’m honest.
Actually been running consistently well for a while now, which is tempting fate.

As for your situation, if they keep fixing it there’s not much you can do unless you break out the big guns ie. demanding a replacement or reimbursement.

As you have stated they’re very good at after sales stuff and generally helpful.

If you’re going to get serious then the sooner you do it the better.

I think I’ve reached that point Mick.

I can’t fault their after sales and warranty thus far but at 50 hrs old it’s a pretty long list of faults that are generating down time and costing money in lost productivity that the warranty obviously doesn’t cover.

I’m heading towards a replacement machine but really wanted constructive comments if others feel that is reasonable and warranted based on the faults thus far.
Perhaps others have compatible experience with large equipment purchases not being as they hoped??

• Sad 1

Ours had a load of bother - but then it did get used hard ( steep banks , couple of track clips through it etc  [emoji20]   ) fitter didnt like it . BUT I see a lot around Town , so dunno [emoji32]  K

They are very good at media , PR , advertising etc etc. They make buying a machine very easy and attractive. As a company their service and business model seems excellent. Unfortunately the machines are letting them down.

Yes they are flooding the market down my way too. They offered me almost double the value in part exchange on my outgoing Timberwolf which was a considerable factor in my decision to buy forst.

As I said to someone else it certainly takes the jam out of your sarnie when your shiny new machine isn’t as reliable as promised ..

I asked a lot of questions when purchasing the new machine to see what they had done to iron out the issues of the early machines. I got the right answers. Sadly the new machine is coming with new problems of its own.
  • Sad 1

@lux  hard to swallow I know . Make em a list of yr worries n get Tech guy over . A week after,  if you get bother , get yr Solicitor in . Even if its compensation. Only 50 hrs is barely run in . Last big one a company I worked for,  bought from Global ( 12" rebuilt Bandit on tracks ) got a good year out of it before little things started failing ( electrics ) so dont have yrself lumbered . K

@lux  hard to swallow I know . Make em a list of yr worries n get Tech guy over . A week after,  if you get bother , get yr Solicitor in . Even if its compensation. Only 50 hrs is barely run in . Last big one a company I worked for,  bought from Global ( 12" rebuilt Bandit on tracks ) got a good year out of it before little things started failing ( electrics ) so dont have yrself lumbered . K

Tracked bandit would be my prime choice of chipper. Significantly more expensive but I do agree probably one of the best machines out there but obviously even they have the odd glitch.
  • Like 1