Nightingale hospitals

Acerforestry

1 hour ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Can't say i'm surprised. This whole country is a mess and our government have f**ked up the entire covid response. We would've been so much better off if the first lockdown happened when France/Spain/Italy put theirs in place as they were about 3 weeks ahead of us.

Even the Tier system is a joke. They make 3 tiers then have to make a 4th as infection rate increases. What an absolute shitshow.

They're actually talking about a tier 5 now

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

have any of the nightingale hospitals been used ? the one nearest to me has not though there was talk of using it for the flu jab i do not know if they did 

it has not helped when the 1000s of people hi tailed it out of London just before the tier 4 lockdown and now are spreading it nation wide  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

They're actually talking about a tier 5 now

And that perfectly illustrates their sheer level of incompetence. We start off with three tiers, then unexpected (and unprepared-for..) increase in cases means they need to create a fourth tier, and possibly now a fifth.

What kind of idiot creates a system in which the lowest tier is "medium risk" and the highest tier isn't even a full lockdown like we had at the start?

Can't help but think we're all being steered into disaster and when it all goes wrong those in charge will simply step down and never be held accountable for their collossal f**k-ups, leaving us picking up the pieces and probably being taxed out the arse so the government can recuperate some money they lost through their own poor management.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moose McAlpine said:

And that perfectly illustrates their sheer level of incompetence. We start off with three tiers, then unexpected (and unprepared-for..) increase in cases means they need to create a fourth tier, and possibly now a fifth.

What kind of idiot creates a system in which the lowest tier is "medium risk" and the highest tier isn't even a full lockdown like we had at the start?

Can't help but think we're all being steered into disaster and when it all goes wrong those in charge will simply step down and never be held accountable for their collossal f**k-ups, leaving us picking up the pieces and probably being taxed out the arse so the government can recuperate some money they lost through their own poor management.

What would you do then if you were in charge?

I see a lot of people whinging, never ending fcking whinging but let's see some constructive effective solutions then as you must have the answers.(Not aimed souly at you MC Moose)

It's just like watching a game of football on the tv, so easy to score, unless you're on the pitch with defenders around your ankles.

Tier 5 in less than two weeks I guess.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Well had i had a say in it from the start i would've gone into an initial lockdown sooner. When France/Spain/Italy were seeing a high rise in cases i would've imposed a lockdown (sooner than we did, by maybe 3 weeks?), essential travel only, minimise mixing households, close places with large groups of people (restsurants, bars, etc) except for takeaway, curfew. Much like Spain and Italy did. (Quite effectively too. And they were ahead of us so if we acted like they did when they did we would've kerb'd number of cases early on.)

More testing at the borders and trying to limit non-essential international travel to contain existing cases and reduce new incoming cases. (And limit those travelling abroad to potentially bring it back.)

I would've used a tier system that would encompass all levels of threat from practically no threat to "total" lockdown but make it national. The current system is confusing and unclear but also poorly planned, hence adding new tiers. 

Any time something changed i would've put new restrictions in place effective immediately. When you say there'll be a lockdown from sunday midnight but announce it friday afternoon everyone gets their socializing in over the weekend and there's another surge in cases.

Well that's some of it, obviously i haven't written up a complete detailed action plan. There's a reason i'm a mechanic and wannabe-tree surgeon and not in charge of our fight againt covid, but i can still see where those in charge have made a mess of it.

6 hours ago, Mesterh said:

I see a lot of people whinging, never ending fcking whinging but let's see some constructive effective solutions then as you must have the answers.(Not aimed souly at you MC Moose)

It's just like watching a game of football on the tv, so easy to score, unless you're on the pitch with defenders around your ankles.

Tier 5 in less than two weeks I guess.

The only post I've made that could in any way be seen as a whinge is to ask why 100 mill plus of public money has been thrown at a project, to then be abandoned a few months later. Is that moaning, or constructive criticism? This lot at no. 10 are quick to point out that we have to behave in the way that they dictate, and then make a complete balls of things themselves. If I ask my partner's young grandaughter about all this, she has more sense than most of this lot

• Like 2