Husqvarna 560xp problems

Snooze247

Snooze247, I have had same problem occasionally that you show in the video, with a 560 with both husky or oregon bars. It won't adjust up enough to tighten the chain. I wouldn't use the saw when it's like that though.

I just take the chain/bar/cover off and fit it all again carefully, also moving the chain a bit by hand as you adjust seems to help.

• Like 1

Have you taken the clutch cover off and screwed the adjuster through its full travel? Then when you put it back on are you sure the adjusting pin is correctly slotting into the hole in the bar before you tighten it? Then with the bar nuts screwed up by finger and backed off half a turn before doing final adjustment, then tightening bar nuts.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Have you taken the clutch cover off and screwed the adjuster through its full travel? Then when you put it back on are you sure the adjusting pin is correctly slotting into the hole in the bar before you tighten it? Then with the bar nuts screwed up by finger and backed off half a turn before doing final adjustment, then tightening bar nuts.

That's defiantly helped chain is at right adjustment and there seems to be oil defiantly on the chain now but I was just hand rotating it so will need to properly test in the morning. Hopefully will be good to go. 

IMG_20201231_221109.jpg

• Like 1

I'm really curious about this still.

Going back to basics, when you tighten the chain you have the bar nuts finger tight, lift the tip of the bar and tighten the chain keeping the tip lifted when you then tighten the nuts right?

Exactly what bar and chain are they?

The clutch drum spins freely with the bar and chain removed? Is there any radial play in the clutch?

Does the tensioner move all the way front to back when you adjust it with the clutch cover removed?

Can you show us pictures of the oil holes in the bar? Perhaps there is a manufacturing issue with the bar.

• Like 1

Feck me...lift lid and throw them in.....they can't be factory tools....they remind me of my days in 1980s production!
I reckon you are a Husqvarna tool collector......have you got one of their Mincers?....I found one once at an antique fair, I wish I had purchased it!
Nice oil pump tester[emoji6]

Is this you@HuntingHiCap

A husqvarna collecting mincer ...... [emoji23]

• Haha 1

Have had a quick look through this thread - to me it seems like the bar is not being clamped correctly. This would explain all the symptoms ie. saw is oiling but no oil getting through, bar nuts coming off [but seeming tight to start with], no oiling so bar getting very hot.

Vid above is great but hold the saw so you can see if the tip is flinging any oil onto the ground [and given issues you've had the oiler should be turned up full anyways..].

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rob D said:

Have had a quick look through this thread - to me it seems like the bar is not being clamped correctly. This would explain all the symptoms ie. saw is oiling but no oil getting through, bar nuts coming off [but seeming tight to start with], no oiling so bar getting very hot.

Vid above is great but hold the saw so you can see if the tip is flinging any oil onto the ground [and given issues you've had the oiler should be turned up full anyways..].

Okay great advice Rob. I still had the oiler turned only half way so will put it all the way up and do another few test runs and hopefully will show the oil it's hitting the ground at an appropriate amount. Much appreciated