Husqvarna 560xp problems

Snooze247

Just now, Stubby said:

Unless the bar delaminates as mine did .

But if you clamp the fecker hard between the cover and bar mount, how can any delamination make the cover come loose? The only way it could come loose is if one part of the laminate fell out somehow - did it fracture?

I just cant see how the nuts come loose if they are done up tight enough.

I am talking using a 10-12" tommy bar and socket and doing it up to "pretty tight" and not little scrench tightness where a limp doing up may come loose.

How does the OP tighten his bar? Genuine question.....is the bar pretensioned upwards on tightening?

• Like 1

Just now, Snooze247 said:

Will try a Sugihara bar as Stubby advised hopefully might get to the bottom of the issue. 

Before you go spending money check out your bar first . See if the rails are coming apart . See if you can borrow a known good bar .

One issue I have seen on the older 560s is that the oil pump comes loose on the two mounting screws and this takes out the oiling worm pinion. The upgrade redesign was to insert brass internal bushes in to the mounts on the new oiler which allows you to tighten the mounting screws up fully and the mounts don't collapse. This would cause an oiling issue but ADW will know the build levels on the 562.

I guess this is the later saw so will have the inserts in the pump, there is an even newer pump, it is a different colour to the black ones, the pump gear and sprocket are also changed, rather than the pins on the back of the sprocket sitting into the gear, the actual splines do, I wonder if he has the new set up?

• Like 1