Groovy Timber log store surprise.

Old Mill Tree Care

4 hours ago, Groovy Timber said:

Then you should try it - especially as the problem of having unseasoned wood to burn does exist! Just saying.

I think most folk here are well versed in the problems of burning unseasoned wood. But a phone box size store where you post logs in will still need a minimum of a year to dry. Thats a long time to wait to have a weeks worth of logs drying if its your only log store. 

Im sure you sell plenty of them to 'Hobby Burners' who pop a few logs in for special occasions but for anyone burning to heat their home  this product will only ever been seen as a quirky gimmick. 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Of course people on here will know more about wood than those not involved in the trade. But, in the case of many in the latter group, then this will be anything but "a quirky gimmick," as is already being proven. These log stores can store a lot of logs, as well as season them. And the amounts needed, depending on what you're using them for, are all spelled out in the FAQ section of our website...which also states that if you're going to be burning a huge amount (e.g. to heat your home) then you'll need, in effect, more than one of these log stores to house them.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Groovy Timber said:

Of course people on here will know more about wood than those not involved in the trade. But, in the case of many in the latter group, then this will be anything but "a quirky gimmick," as is already being proven. These log stores can store a lot of logs, as well as season them. And the amounts needed, depending on what you're using them for, are all spelled out in the FAQ section of our website...which also states that if you're going to be burning a huge amount (e.g. to heat your home) then you'll need, in effect, more than one of these log stores to house them.

Lose stacked that cant hold more than a 1m3 bag of lose stacked logs. I burn that a week in the winter. Id need 30-40 of these lined up outside. :D 

Logs will season themselves if stacked out of the rain, or stored in vented bags, or IBC frames. But if a cute little box is needed to keep the missus happy then this would be a a nice idea for those that light their stove once in a blue moon. 

Im sure you'll sell a lot of them and I hope you do. :) 

Edited by trigger_andy

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Lose stacked that cant hold more than a 1m3 bag of lose stacked logs. I burn that a week in the winter. Id need 30-40 of these lined up outside. :D 

Logs will season themselves if stacked out of the rain, or stored in vented bags, or IBC frames. But if a cute little box is needed to keep the missus happy then this would be a a nice idea for those that light their stove once in a blue moon. 

Im sure you'll sell a lot of them and I hope you do. :) 

Thanks for your good business wishes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

If its a good seller I may build them myself, doesn't look much to it. I guess the material would cost £50 and would make a nice profit. 🤔

Tempting, I'm sure. But the design is now officially registered and legally covered by the UK IPO...so copying it would not be a good idea, on various counts!

• Haha 4