Online paperwork

Anouk

One side of this job i didn't realise would be such a big part of it before i joined this industry is the Online paperwork. From the daily van checks and hand-arm vibration logs, weekly near miss reports and risk assessments for every job, it quickly builds up! Some days i don't get off the ground as the work is finished before i get the forms done.

Can i ask what other people's experience is regarding filling all this out? 

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

What’s the Hand-arm vibration log?

If you're working with high vibration tools (chainsaws are into the hi section) as an employer you are meant to log total vibration as it's cumulative. 

Using rivet guns and Sanders and stuff in aviation I had to wear a wrist band with a little box on it which logged vibration. It's all to do with health monitoring which HSE requires you to do. 

Just now, Paddy1000111 said:

If you're working with high vibration tools (chainsaws are into the hi section) as an employer you are meant to log total vibration as it's cumulative. 

Using rivet guns and Sanders and stuff in aviation I had to wear a wrist band with a little box on it which logged vibration. It's all to do with health monitoring which HSE requires you to do. 

What a load of bollocks. (Not you, the directive)

• Like 2

yep, it's HSE craziness for sure. 

I asked what if i don't have any near misses, and was told i have to put 2 in a week. Someone walking past could've got hit by a falling branch, i could've fallen over a banana skin, the chainsaw could've fallen apart in my hand. . .It's like creative writing in English class all over again.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, carlos said:

id hope one wouldnt be filling out too many near miss reports!!!!

When i was at the AA we had a form for reporting near misses. It was basically a means to get yourself a bollocking from management as they'd inevitably say you'd done something wrong.

I never filled out the form and just kept quiet. (Luckily nothing major happened to me.)