Logosol f2+

Big Beech

7 hours ago, Stuarts said:

👍🏻  Out of interest. What is accurate to us on here? 1mm,5mm??

On my two boards I cut with an 880 and brand spanking new 30" bar i had about 8mm of deflection in the bar, rendering the boards to look like ship lap 🤣

After measuring from the log lifter bed the saw end as a reference point i measureed the outer edge and lifted the bar until what brought measuremenus equal and had the same deflection.

That is why instantly I went and bought the support. I cannot and  will not tolerate sloppy boards for resale.

There was a thread on the logosol users page on fb recently where someone was having significant problems.

I spent a lot of time on set with a straight edge and looking forward to the next few cuts.

Edited by Big Beech
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

That what I am looking for amd respectable for the type of equipment, and equal tolerance is fine  just not all one side 🤣

Time will tell sir. Boys and men using this type of equipment lets see where you fall into Mr Beach.

muttley2.gif.08408df05386a2d4f909a492daf19c45.gif

Edited by topchippyles
  • Haha 1

On 24/12/2021 at 13:15, topchippyles said:

Time will tell sir. Boys and men using this type of equipment lets see where you fall into Mr Beach.

muttley2.gif.08408df05386a2d4f909a492daf19c45.gif

Finally managed to get some proper hours under my belt today on the F2.
Really really pleased with the results and ease of use.
Sure, there are a few things I need to sort out but overall brilliant bit of kit!
I wish I had bought the carriage last year when I bought the mill 🙄
Manage to get the bar magnet setup and finish the Beech that I had problems with and now have boards of even thickness.
Also resawn some quater sawnBurr Brown Oak that I cut 8 years ago that had moved in to fire mantles.
11ft of Yew also attacked.

20211228_140427.jpg

20211228_135426.jpg

20211228_130953.jpg

20211228_125004.jpg

20211228_114413.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

Finally managed to get some proper hours under my belt today on the F2.
Really really pleased with the results and ease of use.
Sure, there are a few things I need to sort out but overall brilliant bit of kit!
I wish I had bought the carriage last year when I bought the mill 🙄
Manage to get the bar magnet setup and finish the Beech that I had problems with and now have boards of even thickness.
Also resawn some quater sawnBurr Brown Oak that I cut 8 years ago that had moved in to fire mantles.
11ft of Yew also attacked.

20211228_140427.jpg

20211228_135426.jpg

20211228_130953.jpg

20211228_125004.jpg

20211228_114413.jpg

Nice the bar support makes all the difference dont you think 

Edited by topchippyles

9 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Nice the bar support makes all the difference dont you think 

Yes certainly does, that screw provided is junk though...

I need more super glue to stop it coming undone. Why they couldn't make the magnet 1/4" thicker so you can actually tighten the screw up properly... rather than having about 3 or 4 threads in the magnet at best 🙄

Edited by Big Beech