Echo 7310 SX

IanW

1 hour ago, lux said:

It’s very well made. Has some nice design features like the scoop / tube that takes air from the fly wheel to air filter. It’s a decent design.
I had the demo one for a couple of weeks. Nothing remarkable about it but nothing wrong with it either. Like all echos they need a fair few tanks to loosen up and reach full power. It won’t quite keep up with its direct competition the 462 and 572 but I bet it’s more reliable long term. Reliability seems to be echos real strong point.
Seen some ported 7310 on YouTube. Certainly goes well then.

Thanks for that - the technical stuff I don't do!  If the saw keeps loosening a while yet I'll be very happy.

'Nothing remarkable about it' exactly reflects my professional friend's take on it but he added 'a bit agricultural' on the overall design.  I think he meant simple - he is from Devon  😊

A tiny and insignificant point - isn't a small silver lever as the on/off switch a bit retro?!  I still have to think about whether it's up or down for on or off.

Thanks for that - the technical stuff I don't do!  If the saw keeps loosening a while yet I'll be very happy.

'Nothing remarkable about it' exactly reflects my professional friend's take on it but he added 'a bit agricultural' on the overall design.  I think he meant simple - he is from Devon  [emoji4]
A tiny and insignificant point - isn't a small silver lever as the on/off switch a bit retro?!  I still have to think about whether it's up or down for on or off.

I don’t mind the switch. The best point about echos is their relative simplicity. No auto tune etc to mess about. I’ve bought quite a lot of their kit over the last couple of years. It’s good gear. I don’t get the brand snobbery thing.
It’s the same with dolmar saws. Very good bits of kit but they just aren’t too popular here. Shame.

I think you’ll be happy with a 7310. [emoji106]
  • Like 2

The switch thing is trifling - I'll get used to it.

I'm with you on the brand snobbery too; one reason for going Echo was simply to be a bit different  - to avoid the big two, not that I have any complaints about them.

I have a 2511 topper and an Echo long reach hedgetrimmer; fine machines both and easier engines to start than those of the big two.

I am happy with my 7310!

Thanks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, outinthewood said:

Echo has been making quality saws for a long time so I don't suppose it will fall apart ! 572 deafening ? 

As I use my saws for cutting wood too I don't study them forensically either but when spending a fair chunk of cash I do like to be aware of the various points of what I'm looking at. Echo from my understanding got a member of the 572 design team to work on the 7310 hence my comment on how it looks not in any way suggesting it has to be like the 572 to be good !

7310 was designed purely by Japanese team. Apart from having a cylinder, 2 stroke engine, 2 handles, almost identical weight and peak torque the similarities end.

The only thing that actually connects them is the guy who created the patented swirl air pre-cleaning system (for 7310 and 7410) - that chap used to work for Zenoah in pre-husky days.

Let it run for at least 10 hours - that one changes a lot after break in and re-adjustment.

Edited by Piston Skirt
  • Like 2