Echo 7310 SX

IanW

2 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

@nepia  what say ye then?

How are you keeping Ken? 

I say Season's Greetings all!

The saw... it's lightweight and well balanced with a  20" bar.  I think it cuts very well but I leant it to a more professional friend and he reckons a 461 or 462 outdoes it.  Perhaps when it's had more than half a dozen tanks of fuel through it will be better; it certainly improved after three tanks.

One outstanding and less positive feature is the noise - **** it's loud!  If you stand in front of it when idling the exhaust pops so loudly you almost feel you should be wearing ear defenders!

My mate said that there's a minor design flaw in that he pinched flesh a couple of times between the front handle and body casing; I haven't done it - anyone else?

I have no idea about comparisons with 572s, 461s etc.  It doesn't keep up with my 064 but for my purposes that's no problem; the 064 is a lump bless her.

But overall the saw's good value.  It's early days so I suppose if it fell apart in the next months I'd change my tune but I like it and have no regrets.

Sorry not to be more technical but I don't forensically examine chainsaws; I use them to cut wood!

• Like 2

Echo has been making quality saws for a long time so I don't suppose it will fall apart ! 572 deafening ? 

As I use my saws for cutting wood too I don't study them forensically either but when spending a fair chunk of cash I do like to be aware of the various points of what I'm looking at. Echo from my understanding got a member of the 572 design team to work on the 7310 hence my comment on how it looks not in any way suggesting it has to be like the 572 to be good !

• Like 1

It’s very well made. Has some nice design features like the scoop / tube that takes air from the fly wheel to air filter. It’s a decent design.
I had the demo one for a couple of weeks. Nothing remarkable about it but nothing wrong with it either. Like all echos they need a fair few tanks to loosen up and reach full power. It won’t quite keep up with its direct competition the 462 and 572 but I bet it’s more reliable long term. Reliability seems to be echos real strong point.
Seen some ported 7310 on YouTube. Certainly goes well then.

• Like 2