Fake ? Stihl file kit

mccann690

On 24/12/2020 at 16:48, Moose McAlpine said:

And i think they're only about 20 quid?

I bought Oregon kits, but found the round files (Swiss-made, so Vallorbe?) Weren't very good and one felt like glass and didn't cut for shit. Bought Stihl round files instead.

Funny Vallorbe make for Stihl! Rated as one of the Best file company

• Like 1

On 24/12/2020 at 16:25, mccann690 said:

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place as this is my first post have just bought this off of ebay and not sure if it is a fake have looked all over the net and have never seen a stihl sharpener come in this wrap it is plastic and cheap feeling there are now stihl prints on handles or round file all metal parts are brass coloured instead of a stainless steel finish feel like poor quality compared to my Vallorbe kit want to be sure this is genuine or fake before I send this back not sure if this is an older model

IMG_20201224_150303.jpg

IMG_20201224_150310.jpg

IMG_20201224_150327.jpg

"Gold" colour is called/termed Parkerised anti corrosion treatment and looks to good/detailed to be a snide!

3 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Funny Vallorbe make for Stihl! Rated as one of the Best file company

Yes, Vallorbe are really good. I think i just got a duff one in that set, i can't remember if the other two are good. All my Vallorbe flat files work fine.

I think the Stihl files are made by Pferd, as they're maked made in Germany.

(Pferd make excellent products too, i have a lot of their carbide burrs.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Yes, Vallorbe are really good. I think i just got a duff one in that set, i can't remember if the other two are good. All my Vallorbe flat files work fine.

I think the Stihl files are made by Pferd, as they're maked made in Germany.

(Pferd make excellent products too, i have a lot of their carbide burrs.)

Think myself Stihls a bit of an Whore as seem to be taking it from any direction! As been finding many are supplying inc our Covid Friends!

10 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Used on guns as an alternative to " blueing " 

Had to do a re blue job on side by side that was a tad tatty!

Can't remember all the coatings/finishes these days as was years back when was doing all the braking and conversion kits on the Rally cars. An odd one you can't Anodise Titanium Red it comes out Pink! Aluminiums ok

• Like 1