Climbers Wanted. Ely, Cambs

Paul

On 29/12/2020 at 16:39, Moose McAlpine said:

Advert is good, all the right stuff with no nonsense.

Had a look at your website, it's very nice. I like the little logos for all the services you do. Very clear layout and nice details.

When i get qualified i'll give you a call if you're still looking for people. By that time i'll have all my own kit too. So far been relatively unsuccessful in job hunting.

Sounds perfect to me. 👌🏻

(But then, i want to live in the French Alps surrounded by snow and mountains.)

Thank you for the feed back.

How far down the line are you with training, qualifications, experience etc ?

On 29/12/2020 at 14:47, Khriss said:

Turn the tide with yr customers, educate and inform  . K

We do try, but for many its all down to the price.

It is horribly when you try to talk your customer out of their mindset of 'pollard my Silver Birch' or 'just take the top out of the Beech tree' then you drive past three weeks later to see it done.

Although I do get a little satisfaction when the public decline a quote then phone a while later to ask if you could finish the job and/or clear up all the brash left on the lawn, because the other contractor wanted extra to clear up !

• Like 1

@Paul  i have a set of pics for that sort over nearly 20 yrs showing certain reductions and the known costs,  so my customer can de ide if their gonna wallop it three or 4 times at x£00 or have a propsr job i wont need to come back on. Birch will regrow back to same height in 3 or 4 yrs - good example in my neighbours garden, waste of money. OR start its decline and removal in the end. By going this way you get an informed customer and repeat business, the idiots can keep wasting money, sadly not in yr pocket but thats the way it works.  K

5 minutes ago, Khriss said:

@Paul  i have a set of pics for that sort over nearly 20 yrs showing certain reductions and the known costs,  so my customer can de ide if their gonna wallop it three or 4 times at x£00 or have a propsr job i wont need to come back on. Birch will regrow back to same height in 3 or 4 yrs - good example in my neighbours garden, waste of money. OR start its decline and removal in the end. By going this way you get an informed customer and repeat business, the idiots can keep wasting money, sadly not in yr pocket but thats the way it works.  K

I wish I'd thought of that, its maddening to see a good tree ruined, which can sometimes happen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Thank you for the feed back.

How far down the line are you with training, qualifications, experience etc ?

Been doing it since Feb. Mostly groundie work but a little climbing too.

No tickets yet but will be getting on a course in the new year to do saw/felling/aerial rescuse/saw from rope and hopefully some others too.

• Like 1