Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
allseasons

Vermeer skidsteer

Recommended Posts

We have a S725tx, just wouldn’t be without one now, we run a winch, log grab, bucket, log splitter and a flail off of it. Don’t give it a second thought just go and treat yourself and save yourself a lot of hard work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumper

Do you find you need much more than the cormidi will lift when doing trees? I've got an oldish boxer with a tipping capacity of just under ton, I find its plenty enough. Basically what I'm asking in terms of lift do you find yourself wishing you should of brought the avant along instead of the cormidi much?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jim0685 said:

We have a S725tx, just wouldn’t be without one now, we run a winch, log grab, bucket, log splitter and a flail off of it. Don’t give it a second thought just go and treat yourself and save yourself a lot of hard work.

Hi Jim

What flail are you running mate? And how do you get on with it?

Cheers Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loaders of some sort are the difference between one level of tree company and another.

 

You really have to have one if you are a serious outfit competing for larger take downs/work.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Clicky said:

Dumper

Do you find you need much more than the cormidi will lift when doing trees? I've got an oldish boxer with a tipping capacity of just under ton, I find its plenty enough. Basically what I'm asking in terms of lift do you find yourself wishing you should of brought the avant along instead of the cormidi much?

Cheers

If it’s mud I take tracks I’ve made a head stock for the Cormidi so it can use all the avant attachments,they do different jobs as a forklift track loaders suck,for flail mowing run tracks no punctures, going long distance on tarmac or concrete use wheels using a bucket both about the same cultivating I take tracks, I adjust the jobs for the lift capacity trying to keep the weights moved as small as possible

the Cormidi will tip at 1250kgs but running at that weight regular knackers tracks and rollers very very quickly

you always wish you had a bigger one!

Edited by dumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dumper said:

If it’s mud I take tracks I’ve made a head stock for the Cormidi so it can use all the avant attachments,they do different jobs as a forklift track loaders suck,for flail mowing run tracks no punctures, going long distance on tarmac or concrete use wheels using a bucket both about the same cultivating I take tracks, I adjust the jobs for the lift capacity trying to keep the weights moved as small as possible

the Cormidi will tip at 1250kgs but running at that weight regular knackers tracks and rollers very very quickly

you always wish you had a bigger one!

Got ya nice one mate cheers, but yeah just get one OP. No one likes lifting wood, worse thing about loaders is when you can't get them into jobs the job sucks even more

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We have a S725tx, just wouldn’t be without one now, we run a winch, log grab, bucket, log splitter and a flail off of it. Don’t give it a second thought just go and treat yourself and save yourself a lot of hard work.

No issues with it? Are the attachments easy to get for it or does it need a special head fitting to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t discount wheels try them all most attachments can be made to fit what ever you choose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.