Vermeer skidsteer

allseasons

On a mini loader you only have a small amount of lit capacity if you put hydraulic rotation on the implement this reduces the capacity on the avant the rotator is 96kg and plus 200mm on the load so on 4/5/6 series you loose 10% of your lift capacity I thought hard and not bought one yet

on the klou grab they don’t recommend hydraulic rotation for saftey reasons if you are holding a tree vertically and a pipe fails the tree is no longer vertical a hole world of hassle you don’t need. 
bmg grabs hang down so don’t have this problem

5 hours ago, dumper said:

On a mini loader you only have a small amount of lit capacity if you put hydraulic rotation on the implement this reduces the capacity on the avant the rotator is 96kg and plus 200mm on the load so on 4/5/6 series you loose 10% of your lift capacity I thought hard and not bought one yet

on the klou grab they don’t recommend hydraulic rotation for saftey reasons if you are holding a tree vertically and a pipe fails the tree is no longer vertical a hole world of hassle you don’t need. 
bmg grabs hang down so don’t have this problem

Never thought about that dumper good advice

23 hours ago, Clicky said:

Yeah I didnt know how much we were going to use the bollard on the side, but we use it for everything its brilliant. Tow ball aswell for shunting chippers about.

Those are really nice features built in. Makes it even more useful. The one i ran had a homemade attachment with a tow ball and rails for forks, but better if the tow ball is actually on the machine and you don't need to drag an extra attachment around.

23 hours ago, allseasons said:

Exactly and if it saves people’s backs and means they don’t have to lift silly sized logs it means they are more productive through the week as they not so knackered 

There's a whole positive knock-on effect. You can move larger (often huge) pieces faster so not only is it shifted quicker but bigger pieces means less cutting and less clean-up. Overall productivity is that of multiple workers.

9 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I'm jealous.

5 minutes ago, mtt.tr said:

Do anyone have a small excavator attachment? 

I ran the Vermeer 925 with a bucket. Only thing i found was that it was too small compared to the machine's lifting capacity. It could lift probably 5 times what the bucket would hold, so a lot of scooting back and forth.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dumper said:

Tried one hard to use uncomfortable awkward to move don’t fold up and  cost too much and why when a 1.5 tonne is £150 a week to hire

Ive had a handful of jobs where weve had to use a micro wondered if these would do the work of a micro.

Cheers 

2 minutes ago, mtt.tr said:

Ive had a handful of jobs where weve had to use a micro wondered if these would do the work of a micro.

Cheers 

Try it I couldn’t get to grips with it, I got a Cormidi loader it converts to a 1.5 tonne dumper and hire in a mini or load with my avant