Ty Korrigan

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoah!

It ALMOST happend again!

This time, we had quoted in writing for a crown reduction but on the morning when we got all set up and were just about to start, the client comes out and tells us to fell it.

So, instead of 5 hours we quoted for we work 9hours.

When I ask for the cheque on completion, the client says they will only pay the previous price quoted.

So I wave my quote at them and tell them I have worked 9 hours instead of 5 for a completely different job and they are only paying me the same rate pro-rata.

Result, they capitulate and pay up.

Also we have further works at the same site in the near future so I hope when I turn up with all my materials pre cut and paid for that they don't try to change things again.

I shall ask for a 100% deposit for materials next time.

Bad news about the old French biddy is that my British associate has not stood by me and so I have to go back and work for free for 3 hours or we will lose her grass contract.

Ty

Whoah!

It ALMOST happend again!

This time, we had quoted in writing for a crown reduction but on the morning when we got all set up and were just about to start, the client comes out and tells us to fell it.

So, instead of 5 hours we quoted for we work 9hours.

When I ask for the cheque on completion, the client says they will only pay the previous price quoted.

So I wave my quote at them and tell them I have worked 9 hours instead of 5 for a completely different job and they are only paying me the same rate pro-rata.

Result, they capitulate and pay up.

Also we have further works at the same site in the near future so I hope when I turn up with all my materials pre cut and paid for that they don't try to change things again.

I shall ask for a 100% deposit for materials next time.

Bad news about the old French biddy is that my British associate has not stood by me and so I have to go back and work for free for 3 hours or we will lose her grass contract.

Ty

When they asked you to fell it didnt you tell them how much extra it would cost?

No, my error.

See, in my head, if you go into a restuarant and order plat de jour for 10euros

then change your mind about it and order the chef special, how can you be surprised when you recieve a bill for double?

I now realise that the onus lies with me to tell the client about ANY added costs rather than rely on their common sense.

Ty

No, my error.

See, in my head, if you go into a restuarant and order plat de jour for 10euros

then change your mind about it and order the chef special, how can you be surprised when you recieve a bill for double?

I now realise that the onus lies with me to tell the client about ANY added costs rather than rely on their common sense.

Ty

Yes you should imo.

Its the same as a customer saying can you also trim this, fell that while your here etc. If you dont tell them it will be xxx amount more then you cant get annoyed with them when you add it on at the end and they dont want to pay.

If they know the price before they might decide to not get the extra work done, they might not be able to afford it.

In a restaurant you have seen the menu and know exactly how much any extras will cost, so tbh it aint the same. You could have taken another 25 weeks to fell it rather than prune, how much extra would you have chraged then. :001_smile: