Aspen vs Fuel Stabiliser and Higher RON Fuels

Witterings

8 hours ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

I guarantee you fume hemical difference is very little ,trust me ,it just doesnt smell .

For commercial purposes Aspen or motomix is not viable end of story ,only worth for occasional user ,sorry for my crap english.

Some firms have made it viable   and will not use pump fuel at all , so , not quite the end of the story .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2

We use Aspen 2 for everything now from hedge cutters to chainsaws, yes the machines seem to run better on it and we have less problems, but the main reason was for mine, and the teams health. The price addition per day to most jobs is not huge, and can be built into the costs. However that said, I can't bring myself to run the tracked grinder on Aspen 4 yet, but atleast you can stand away from the exhaust on that! Peter

• Like 2

I guarantee you fume hemical difference is very little ,trust me ,it just doesnt smell .
For commercial purposes Aspen or motomix is not viable end of story ,only worth for occasional user ,sorry for my crap english.

Hey Tulin,
There is a massive difference in exhaust fumes.

I run all my kit on motomix.
Have done for several years now.

Your English is fine mate.
[emoji106]
  • Like 2

I believe most of the questions have already been answered for the OP's question and there is some great feedback from Aspen users too!

One thing that sticks out to me however from reading some of the comments (from people who aren't using Aspen) is that it seems common to think that Aspen is much more expensive to use commercially than it really is. 

pump fuel mixed with good quality 2 stroke oil (based on cheapest 5L price found online) = £1.25+VAT (requires collection + mixing)

Aspen 2 pallet price (270 litres) = £2.56 + vat (including delivery to your workplace, ready mixed)

Yes its twice the cost of mixing your own fuel but its not 3 or 4 times the cost as suggested by some one in the above comments and this is a big difference.

For anyone looking at using Aspen commercially, I recommend you take a look at our buying in bulk section of our website where you can view pricing in the different sized containers.

ASPENFUEL.CO.UK

Aspen Fuel is a leading UK distributor of Aspen Products, we offer free delivery within two working days for bulk orders and fuel storage.

• Like 1

Has anyone got any long term experience with their oil? I really like stihl HP Ultra, I've been buying aspen 4 and mixing it. Mainly because every engine I have run on it has been spotless and I have a lot of spare HP Ultra that there's no point in wasting. Any opinions on Aspen 2 and longevity/cleanliness 

Edited by Paddy1000111

6 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Has anyone got any long term experience with their oil? I really like stihl HP Ultra, I've been buying aspen 4 and mixing it. Mainly because every engine I have run on it has been spotless and I have a lot of spare HP Ultra that there's no point in wasting. Any opinions on Aspen 2 and longevity/cleanliness 

I am like you . Have been mixing Aspen 4 and the Husqvarna equivalent with Red Line racing 2t oil  @ 50:1 coz I still have quite a bit of it . 

• Like 1

Just now, Stubby said:

I am like you . Have been mixing Aspen 4 and the Husqvarna equivalent with Red Line racing 2t oil  @ 50:1 coz I still have quite a bit of it . 

I've just never trusted "unbranded" "unknown" pre-mix oils in ready to go fuel. Mostly because in the past the pre-mix stuff was garbage made for home-owners who would have a weedwacker that they would use once a year to find it didn't start. I know Aspen is nothing of the sort but I know what I am getting when I mix it myself 

2 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I've just never trusted "unbranded" "unknown" pre-mix oils in ready to go fuel. Mostly because in the past the pre-mix stuff was garbage made for home-owners who would have a weedwacker that they would use once a year to find it didn't start. I know Aspen is nothing of the sort but I know what I am getting when I mix it myself 

I am pretty sure the oil in Aspen 2 is up there  . I just like Red Line. 

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

I'm sure it's not "bad" in any way but I've seen comparisons of the top range oils after 600 hours in blowers and the differences were spectacular. I've not seen any for Aspen, It may be better than the rest but proof is in the pudding. Maybe someone who mills with it and has done an engine teardown or inspection would be able to chime in

• Like 1