Lifting slabs with machinery

Stephen Blair

16 hours ago, dumper said:

You mean like these 

245912D6-E132-4D82-846B-79DC420A2BF3.png

Actually these are far better because the ring attachments are keyholes which allow for adjustment.

Noting @Rough Hewn's concern about splitting, I wonder because the  bottom tension in the chain puts the board in compression, just like if you pick up  5 bricks between the palms of your hand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2020 at 22:55, dumper said:

You mean like these 

245912D6-E132-4D82-846B-79DC420A2BF3.png

I've used something similar before but now generally use avant and forks. Slabs slide ok if on wedges but i keep meaning to make some plastic/nylon strips the same width as kerf that could be slid in behind cut/wedge and slide the slab on those. I also though about a hand winch on the forks so I can pull slab off if i'm  on my own, if any of that makes sense?

The only issues I've had are if forks are too low and it rocks the log or bad driving!!!

On 17/12/2020 at 19:23, Graham w said:

stone vacuum lifter head. Up to 10 ton lift!

WWW.PRECASTMACHINERY.COM

Our range of products for heavy duty vacuum lifting devices to be fitted to any carrier machine. From 500 to 1.500 kg.

vacu-magnet-500.jpg

.... Until it runs out of fuel mid lift 😮  k

3 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

I've never seen the chain set up.

we will make something up with ratchet straps and see how long my patience lasts if it's a pita.

I can see ratchet straps being a pain to use. Why not make the triangle out of wirerope, bulldog clamps and keyhole sliders as a trial then buy a suitable length of 7mm chain.