£800 and under 5kW stove recommendations

Looking for a 5kW, single door, traditional looking wood burning stove for £800 or under. Local stores have recommended between a Hamlet Solution 5 Widescreen or Hunter Herald 5 Slimline. Are there any other stove worth considering for the same look and budget? Out of the two, the Hamlet seems more efficient but is it much of a muchness?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind old but tried and tested (as in it works well, is very well made, but is a few percent down on the efficiency compared to modern stoves.... Sort of great quality but affordable as old tech), you could do much worse then the franco belge Belfort.  £749, 5kW nominal, 3-7.5kW.  mum's had one for about 20 years, still like new.

IMG_9574.jpg

I know you said 5kw but this range is great.
Check out the stats at their shop ‘Stoveworld’
I have the smaller 5 kw version but you do have to keep your logs on the 6” ish side hence this 7kw version .
That said, it pumps out the heat, is British made and of very thick steel with good rating and heats through our little cottage a treat .
Not quite perfect but we’re 3 years in and still love it .
Probably put the heating on for the occasional hour here and there if it’s really cold (like minus figures) to reach the furthest corners but usually first thing or if we’ve someone staying .
Overall very impressed .

1 hour ago, Treerover said:

That said, it pumps out the heat, is British made and of very thick steel with good rating and heats through our little cottage a treat .

Now I know very little about the different stove manufacturers but googling ecosy stoves and it says "The best value group of stoves in the UK. Expertly developed in Hampshire"

So I take it that means made in the far east and shipped over to a warehouse in Hampshire?

Nothing wrong with made in China if it's done to a high standard, but I hate it when companies try and bend the truth.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scbk said:

Now I know very little about the different stove manufacturers but googling ecosy stoves and it says "The best value group of stoves in the UK. Expertly developed in Hampshire"

So I take it that means made in the far east and shipped over to a warehouse in Hampshire?

Nothing wrong with made in China if it's done to a high standard, but I hate it when companies try and bend the truth.

You could well be correct but I hate it when people assume .

• Like 1