Barnstaple/Devon miller's?

Paddy1000111

10 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

A 9’ x 4’-5’ log is not half a day with a chainsaw mill.
A day at best if you’ve got a tractor to move slabs and a well organised team.
emoji106.png

I was in the bath when i read it and had to wash my face twice as i thought i was reading something in the joke section 🤣 Have these guys ever milled using a chainsaw never mind 4/5 feet wide slabs. 

Edited by topchippyles

7 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

All right then a quarter of a day's work. 😆

Book your self a week off work and go and do a chainsaw course with roughy then comment.That is better than money in the bank i promise you and if your going to learn get taught by the best and he is one of the best.I would love to give him a crack at the tittle 🤣joking there soul 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

A 9’ x 4’-5’ log is not half a day with a chainsaw mill.
A day at best if you’ve got a tractor to move slabs and a well organised team.
emoji106.png

Yip, Ive been asked to mill a 12' Beech Log thats 1.5m wide (max) 

Ive quoted two days for milling at £500 a day with they humping the slabs. He's keen but I told him to see about getting other quotes as Im busy- 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Didn't mean to upset you topchippy. I'm not on about shifting things, transport, moving slabs etc etc. When I posted it I thought maybe not but hey, I'm not a miller at all...  Just need someone with a saw mill who can make the cuts!

No worries paddy and if i was closer by i would have had a look for you.

• Like 1

Book your self a week off work and go and do a chainsaw course with roughy then comment.That is better than money in the bank i promise you and if your going to learn get taught by the best and he is one of the best.I would love to give him a crack at the tittle 🤣joking there soul 

I’m far from being the best miller Les🤣[emoji106]
See Rob.D and blazein trees, or the real king is Will Malloff.
I just mill a lot.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
  • Like 1

Hi so at 4/5ft wide I would need a new bar and chains happy to spend a weekend in devon when the weather gets better but with my gammy ankle I dont want to spend 2 days in the rain ,so happy to come and mill it for you but like everyone else said I will need a machine to move the slabs and an extra pair of hands PM me if you want or phone me on 012t8 863705 or 07449736569

Cheers Mark

• Like 1