Chainsaw trousers

essexjack

I have a pair of the Pfanner arborist trousers for a while. Really comfy, they fit well, and aren’t too hot or heavy . Stitching has come out of pockets, material rips fairly easily so if your heavy on them I don’t think they’ll last a long time. 
Also have a pair a bear valley trousers. Got them because he was doing 30% off so

got them for £160. Really happy with those, again fit well, comfy and don’t get hot in them. Haven’t had them long enough to comment on how hardy they are. And the lack of pockets bothers some people. 

I've been using SIP canopy W-air which I like so far. They say they are waterproof but the material isn't so my arse gets wet but everything else stays dry. I assume the waterproof membrane is mixed in with the protection and the arse is the only bit without protection. They haven't torn or ripped yet and overall seem good. They are a little bulky though but aren't all type C? I paid £165 for a new pair off ebay during a sale. 

1 minute ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I've been using SIP canopy W-air which I like so far. They say they are waterproof but the material isn't so my arse gets wet but everything else stays dry. I assume the waterproof membrane is mixed in with the protection and the arse is the only bit without protection. They haven't torn or ripped yet and overall seem good. They are a little bulky though but aren't all type C? I paid £165 for a new pair off ebay during a sale. 

The trouser company that makes a waterproof arse will have my sheckles for life. No idea why noone has done it. 

Also 2nd for the sip canopy air. Just bought my 2nd pair of type A's

My last pair is still good to be fair. The  seem on me bum came apart and I havent gotten them sown up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jamie Jones said:

I have been happy with the Solidur range of chainsaw trousers... I get mine from Chris Forestry...  https://www.chrisforestry.co.uk

Second vote for Solidur. I use the infinity trousers, very comfortable and hard wearing. Great price too, only downside is you can only get them in red (not a problem for me I must add)

I bought 4 pairs of Oregon foirdland a while back as very cheap, must off been end off line.

Surprised how tuff they have been as material quite soft, esp for forestry work as snedding softwoods is hard on trousers.

Althou 1 forester calls them Frankenstein's trousers as that many down up rips in them. Protection is untoyched

Have  really thought about getting someone to put 1 big patch over the thighs.

Must admit I've just modified my resin catcher/hi Viz vest, 

Was sick of constantly having pockets and phone charger socket full off sawdust, so stuck a big patch/strip right along the front to cover my pockets.

And a big skirt at rear I cut out off an old waterproof jacket, so I can sit down without getting a wet arse.

Both working well.