Pump belt replacement for Arbtrak 190 - how to?

Soeren

Hi,

this morning my Arbtrak's pump V-belt blew off. From the manual and what I can identify on the belt it's type is SPA 1030, which should be okay to get (even here in Spain ,-)). However, it looks a little tricky to get it on again, the pump and/or it's shaft seems to be in the way, at least "some" parts need to removed temporarily. But not sure about this.

Is there a simple step-by-step description available? I checked the training videos but nothing in this direction. Would be nice, if someone could provide hints to this before fiddling around for this the next hours ,-)

Thanks,

Soeren

Hi Soeren ,

You need to move the tracking pump drive shaft  , to do this , look at the two 16mm bolts that bolt the pump/clutch assembly to it's bracket (24mm spanner size) , they pass vertically through the aluminium housing of the clutch assembly. Mark with a marker pen (we use a white marker) where it's sat currently so the clutch assembly can be refitted in the correct position and then undo the two 16mm bolts and slide the clutch/tracking pump assembly backwards away from the engine.

Now the shaft can be removed at either end allowing the new belt to be fitted.. then carefully refit the shaft , slide the assembly back to the marker pen marks and tighten the 16mm bolts.

I hope this makes sense ?

Jase.

• Like 1

Hi Jase, yes, this makes sense, thanks! I just looked into the motor room a couple of minutes ago, but this makes sense. My wording was likely wrong: The small pump's pulley is free (which is likely the hydraulic pump for the rollers?) and the larger twin pump's shaft is in the way of exchanging the belt (so this is the track's pump?). Just noticed the same action would be required, once I'd need to exchange the two flywheel belts as again the twin pump's shaft is in the way.

You're defintilely faster with your answer then my spare parts provider 😀

Thanks,

Soeren

• Like 1

Hi Soeren, 

Yes the single belt driven pump is suppling oil to the feedrollers. If you slacken off the pinch bolt and look underneath you should see a 10mm tensioner bolt requiring a 17mm spanner to adjust.

Early AT200's had the same set up with the twin tracking pumps mounted underneath whereas later AT200'S had a belt driven twin pump mounted alongside the engine which was a big improvement. 

Jase. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jase, received the replacement belt and wanted to make the replacement. Looked like a more easy thing, but after removing the two large 16mm bolts, the twin pump does not really move. I can make it move around some 1cm in each direction, but moving it away from the motor does not seem to work. It appears to me, some more fixtures are in place, it just feels like something is blocking it to get away in direction of the infeed chute. Noticed there is some rubber "thing" around the shaft, not sure what is used for, so I'm tempted to remove this one as well.

Just a foto attached: Blue should be the motor shaft, yellow the "rubber thing" and red where the 16mm bolts sat.

Thanks,

Soeren

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-21 at 12.43.22.jpeg

It looks like the "rubber thing" is a clutch with two pieces on the pump and the motor side and the shaft connnecting the two pieces? The shaft is fixed on both sides, so the pump cannot be removed without loosening at least one side of the clutch.

Tried to remove the pump side rubber part but one head of the two H6 allen bolt turned straight, both bolts were near to be fixed completly (now there is only one...) ,-// Need to get now an screw extractor kit to continue *sigh*

Hi Jase, just checked it: Both sides are each fixed with 4 allen head screws. 2 each are fixing the rubber to the shaft, 2 on the motor side and 2 on the pump side and another two each are fixing the  rubber against the motor pulley and pump respectivly. I think this also makes sense, as the force somehow must be transfered through the shaft. But never mind: It's almost christmas🎄 😃, so happy holidays - i'll be back ,-)

Regards, 🎅Soeren🎅

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to give this thread a happy end, finally ,-) I managed to exchange the belt a couple of days ago, and after removing the rubber coupling completely I now understand how it works and what the way is to remove it. Maybe it will be useful for somebody, the following goes into my personal "howto Arbtrak 190" collection (side note: Jase was right, but it might need some extra details)

• Mark the position of the two two 16mm bolts/the spacers which hold the double hydraulic pump and remove the two bolts
  • The rubber coupling is fixed on the pump side using H6 allen bolts, but loose on the motor side using grub bolts. So try to slip of the pump together with the clutch away from the motor.
  • If the grub bolts are very dirty, the clutch might not come off. Use plenty of WD40 and try again.
  • If still not working unscrew the grub bolts (H6 allen key).
  • Change the V-belt and assemble everything in reverse order. Any screws beeing part of the clutch, use additional blue threadlocker to secure.

Happy new year to everyone! 🥳

Soeren

• Like 1