Greenmech ChipMaster CM202MT40 starter motor

AJStrees

• 1 year later...

Following up on this old thread. I don't see me being able to get the time to spend to get this old beast up and working properly, or if it is in fact even wothwhile for that matter. Anyone on here have any idea if it is worth trying to sell it on or send it off to the scrap yard? It hasn't worked for a good few months now and is sitting in our car park. So I would rather sell it to someone who could repair it and use it, or being as it really is pretty old....

Any helpful suggestions would be good. For that matter I've also got to get rid of an old Kubota outfront 4X4 mower with collector, engine is buggered, but the  deck on it is good. I was hoping to get rid of both of these for some sort of money. they are both pretty antique and gathering dust. 

10 minutes ago, PeteB said:

To be fair, the 202 is getting very long in the tooth so it may be a breaker....couldn't comment 9n the Kubota mower, what engine do you need? Spotted a 1505 in a dead chipper at our spot?...

Weren’t you guys going to rebuild one of these for posterity a few years ago as it was the oldest GM chipper you could find? Did anything come of that project Pete? 

To be fair, the 202 is getting very long in the tooth so it may be a breaker....couldn't comment 9n the Kubota mower, what engine do you need? Spotted a 1505 in a dead chipper at our spot?...

Yes it’s nearly prehistoric, the engine when running is pretty good. But it needs someone that could give it an overhaul to make it worth their while. I don’t have the time or resource to do that.

On the mower thanks. It was a bad eBay purchase that ended up being a waste of money. It’s a robust machine but again would need someone with time and want to repair it. Spent almost 3k on it to find it was buggered and couldn’t return it. The seller was a proper dodger. It wasn’t me that bought it but now it’s sat on site taking up space, so hoping to shift it.

9 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Weren’t you guys going to rebuild one of these for posterity a few years ago as it was the oldest GM chipper you could find? Did anything come of that project Pete? 

That is still sat in the yard along with a couple of other projects for company! A basket case Elswick and Turner Ranger also joined the Nickerson Turfmasters and a couple similar aged trade ins. We also got a growing pile of prototypes and testbed donkey's and the cab/engine pod of a Multitask and I think there is still a chunk of big shredder too!

• Like 1