Greenmech ChipMaster CM202MT40 starter motor

AJStrees

I have the antique Greenmech ChipMaster CM202MT40 and do have a good copy of the OM for it. However I need to purchase a new starter motor for the machine and am wondering if there is anyone out there that could either give me the details I need for the starter motor or if they have a parts diagram for my antique beast? 

There is little available online so if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately there is absolutely no detail on the part itself. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, AJStrees said:

I have the antique Greenmech ChipMaster CM202MT40 and do have a good copy of the OM for it. However I need to purchase a new starter motor for the machine and am wondering if there is anyone out there that could either give me the details I need for the starter motor or if they have a parts diagram for my antique beast? 

There is little available online so if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately there is absolutely no detail on the part itself. 

Thanks. 

I used to have one of those - it had 9 disk blades and earned me loads of money!!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jase hutch said:

4 cylinder water cooled Lister ?

I very much doubt GreenMech would have one but a Lister Petter agent should be able to help. 

I think the engine is a 4LBW but I can confirm this tomorrow. 

Jase.

Thanks v much. I have a very basic diagram but no actual part details. The diagram is dated from 1997 - 1998 I am guessing that is the age of the machine. We have had the machine for some years and repaired it a few times but this time the starter motor has gone. 

Would a photo of the starter be of use?

1 hour ago, htb said:

Is it just the starter solenoid contacts that are u/s. Its a denso starter there are solenoid rebuild kits available. Will look and see if can find the details.

Try Steve (alternatorman portsmouth) 02392368419. These engines are used in canal boats and straters seem to be about 130 quid but Steve may rebuild yours.

• Like 2