A New Felling Technique?

Haironyourchest

15 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Q. Did I invent this or has it been done before?

Q. 2. If I invented it, am I losing out on my millions by sharing it publicly?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Hope you don’t mind me saying but seems like a lot messing and time consuming effort to fell a small tree,pole Chainsaw spear cut top few limbs and then normal fell rest,trees on the ground cut as normal or just spear cut main trunk and if done properly it will just stand up and lean on surrounding trees..but that’s what I would do and not all would agree.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Hope you don’t mind me saying but seems like a lot messing and time consuming effort to fell a small tree,pole Chainsaw spear cut top few limbs and then normal fell rest,trees on the ground cut as normal or just spear cut main trunk and if done properly it will just stand up and lean on surrounding trees..but that’s what I would do and not all would agree.

For sure. I had the idea kicking around for a while but kept forgetting to try it, so wifey required this tree down and I said let's see if it works. I purposefully back weighted the tree for the purpose of the experiment. I need to try it out on different trees and see if the system can generate more push than a traditional felling lever bar. A pull rope obviously wins, but there are times when it's a hassle to install a rope. Why do people use felling bars? To get the tree moving. It doesn't take much on a straight tree. But sometimes it does. Ever been there, rocking a tree with a long bar, on your own, trying to get some momentum going? Bar flexing, reached the limit of tilt at the wedge end, still not enough lift? Or when a skinny one gets slightly hung up, and the back cut is already too opened up to use the felling bar effectively? You know you could push it on through with a pole or ladder but you just don't quite have the strength, or traction. So close, yet so far. That's when this system comes in. All you need is a pole and a rope.

11 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Them's fight'n words, Blair...

I'll have you know, I hold a CS39 ticket and do technical removals for my bread and butter. I live and breath angles of force and stuff. I also invented the 3 Wheel Barrow and have 400+ YouTube subscribers. Basically I've been around a while.

When my invention takes off, your crew will be begging you to buy one.

Now I know you are a trolling tree legend! 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

For sure. I had the idea kicking around for a while but kept forgetting to try it, so wifey required this tree down and I said let's see if it works. I purposefully back weighted the tree for the purpose of the experiment. I need to try it out on different trees and see if the system can generate more push than a traditional felling lever bar. A pull rope obviously wins, but there are times when it's a hassle to install a rope. Why do people use felling bars? To get the tree moving. It doesn't take much on a straight tree. But sometimes it does. Ever been there, rocking a tree with a long bar, on your own, trying to get some momentum going? Bar flexing, reached the limit of tilt at the wedge end, still not enough lift? Or when a skinny one gets slightly hung up, and the back cut is already too opened up to use the felling bar effectively? You know you could push it on through with a pole or ladder but you just don't quite have the strength, or traction. So close, yet so far. That's when this system comes in. All you need is a pole and a rope.

Law of physics is easier to pull then push....but I applaud you for your forward thinking and I wish you well in your venture....may be we will see you take on the Dragons...those big headed pompus knobh—ds Need taking down a peg or 3.

so it works on back leaning trees??

what keeps the saw from being jammed with the weight of the lean?

a wedge and hammer? so you need a wedge , hammer , big scaff bar and a ratchet strap??

seems a bit gear intensive for small trees.

have you seen those felling poles that push the trees over, cant rember there proper name, expensive tho.

id say its hard to beat a rope for versatility, 1 man pull up 30ton tracked machine and everything inbetween.

good to try new things mind.

carl