Tricks played on apprentices

SamanthaSunny

My fellow apprentice was sent for a new bubble for the sprit level, He was sent back with a drop of water on a tile with strict instructions not to let it roll off 🤣

the same teacher/boss got me when I had my toe caps welded to the bench leg with a bit of bar, you can’t undo your boots when they are under the bench so I was stuck all lunch time.

I was also left with my finger over the outlet hole on a tractor diesel tank that was half full while my boss went for a brew (aged 13 ish)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Will C said:

My fellow apprentice was sent for a new bubble for the sprit level, He was sent back with a drop of water on a tile with strict instructions not to let it roll off 🤣

the same teacher/boss got me when I had my toe caps welded to the bench leg with a bit of bar, you can’t undo your boots when they are under the bench so I was stuck all lunch time.

I was also left with my finger over the outlet hole on a tractor diesel tank that was half full while my boss went for a brew (aged 13 ish)

That’s hilarious 😂 especially the bubble on the tile 😁😁😁😁😁 I don’t know how you keep a straight face watching an wee innocent being pranked 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Copied this one off facebook, another version of the long weight

Bucket of steam...Straight hook..Skirtin board ladder. When I worked in Brit steel North East, someone sent this lad to the stores (about 3/4 mile walk)for a long stand. He was sent back with a note "how long" ...Sent back with note 1/2Hr...Came back with note "havn't got one ...Sent back with...Wot you got....came back 1/4 Hr ...Give him two of those then .Poor lad was knackered by the end of the shift.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Billhook said:

Copied this one off facebook, another version of the long weight

Bucket of steam...Straight hook..Skirtin board ladder. When I worked in Brit steel North East, someone sent this lad to the stores (about 3/4 mile walk)for a long stand. He was sent back with a note "how long" ...Sent back with note 1/2Hr...Came back with note "havn't got one ...Sent back with...Wot you got....came back 1/4 Hr ...Give him two of those then .Poor lad was knackered by the end of the shift.:D

Bless him lol 😂 I’m going to try the note one 😁😁

• Like 1

It would be quite interesting to see how we supposedly older and wiser ones would deal with the situation armed with what we know to expect.

For instance being asked to go for a long weight , I might be tempted to pick up one of these road signs and take it back to the bloke who asked for it

image.jpeg.2681bef5f04e22fceb8d012f098c3a68.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Billhook said:

It would be quite interesting to see how we supposedly older and wiser ones would deal with the situation armed with what we know to expect.

For instance being asked to go for a long weight , I might be tempted to pick up one of these road signs and take it back to the bloke who asked for it

image.jpeg.2681bef5f04e22fceb8d012f098c3a68.jpeg

The look on their faces would be priceless 😂

On 05/12/2020 at 16:59, SamanthaSunny said:

How stupid are some people lol 😂 I love it 👌🏽 I got someone last Thursday when I asked him to pass me the left handed screwdriver 😁 bless him he looked for ten minutes before he realised 😁😁😁😁

What, that you are right handed ?🤪

• Haha 1

Lol 😂 I am right handed but I wondered while he was looking through the tool box for the LEFT handed screwdriver what he thought it would look like 🤣🤣🤣🤣 bless him. It’s only fair to play tricks on the youngsters because I certainly had my fair share 🤦🏻‍♀️ I have actually learned a lot more tricks since posting this question and will definitely be using them 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Edited by SamanthaSunny