Budget tipper van-transit, daily.....etc?

Treetom15

To be honest, every job I have anything to remove I hire a ifor Williams tipper trailer with high sides, works grand but it’s cost on every job! Hilux is a crew cab, and it would be seriously un-cost effective to have to go shovel it out 4/5 times a day [emoji23] I know I’ll be over loaded weight wise with any tipper, but more just questioning the towing capabilities of both regarding dragging a tracked machine on a plant trailer around. I was always told Ford parts are fairly deer compared to something like an iveco?
You can get more on there than you think and only takes 2 or 3 mins to fork off, so if yr chip site is very local it can work. If you have to take the chip any distance then its a non starter. A trailer can work. Like i say, its just a temporary measure until you get something permanent sorted

1 hour ago, doobin said:

I beg to differ. I've just 'upgraded' (I say that as I've kept both!) from an LDV Convoy to an Iveco Daily.?

I totally agree with the sentiment, however.

@Treetom15- my 4k Iveco Daily knocks the spots off a Transit. Physically bigger, tows better, and no 'scent of pikey'. Highly recommended. Plated to tow 3.5t with a full load also- 7t gross train weight. Nice low gearing means it's no struggle and things like reversing are a pleasure. You sit quite a bit higher up compared to a Transit- I find myself looking down on them. Which is nice, as I'm sure I've had my fair share of being looked down upon in the trusty LDV!

Thanks very much bud, that’s basically the input I was looking for!? I was sure the gross trainweight was higher for an iveco than a transit! I’ve found a decent looking van for 5k, crewcab which means tool storage wouldn’t be an issue. If anyone on here knows of anything decent for sale please feel free to send them my way!

2 hours ago, Marc Lewis said:
5 hours ago, Treetom15 said:
To be honest, every job I have anything to remove I hire a ifor Williams tipper trailer with high sides, works grand but it’s cost on every job! Hilux is a crew cab, and it would be seriously un-cost effective to have to go shovel it out 4/5 times a day emoji23.png I know I’ll be over loaded weight wise with any tipper, but more just questioning the towing capabilities of both regarding dragging a tracked machine on a plant trailer around. I was always told Ford parts are fairly deer compared to something like an iveco?

Read more  

You can get more on there than you think and only takes 2 or 3 mins to fork off, so if yr chip site is very local it can work. If you have to take the chip any distance then its a non starter. A trailer can work. Like i say, its just a temporary measure until you get something permanent sorted

IF yr hauling chip any real distance, yr wasting money.  If yr coming off a job to tip,  possibly yr crew has to wait, or yr a man short or any combination that eats into yr profit. Hence big chip truck option further down yr business road.  K

50 minutes ago, Khriss said:

IF yr hauling chip any real distance, yr wasting money.  If yr coming off a job to tip,  possibly yr crew has to wait, or yr a man short or any combination that eats into yr profit. Hence big chip truck option further down yr business road.  K

I’ve just got to perfect the art of squeezing a days worth of chip into a 3.5t van, and take the back roads home ?

in all fairness we used to have a 7.5t wagon at work for carrying big loads, but even that weighed 5.5t dry, so the load carrying capacity wasn’t all that great, certainly not good enough to make having your HGV license and the 6 weekly checks worth it!