Brexit and the arb industry.

richy_B

1 hour ago, Richard 1234 said:

This is part of the problem

I think the main part of the problem is the complete lack of planning, combined with inept negotiations, important National decision making being negotiated within weeks of the deadline.

What happened to the Boris’s ‘Oven Ready Deal?’

Great for Britain, that was, he said so.

I think I will await the outcome of leaving the EU and make my decision on wether  it turned out to be good or bad,  based on economic evidence rather than bull cack opinions from either side of the argument.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

I think the main part of the problem is the complete lack of planning, combined with inept negotiations, important National decision making being negotiated within weeks of the deadline.

Great for Britain, that was, he said so.

'Lack of planning?' We have know since the beginning this is how it would be
'Combined with inept negotiations?' Really? The EU thought they had us over a barrel and was hoping Labour would have got in and we would have crumbled totally.
'Important National decision making being negotiated within weeks of the deadline'. You obviously have a total lack of understanding how negotiation work within the political world. if you did you would know that each side will be holding out for as much as they could get and to see who will crumble first.
'What happened to the Boris’s ‘Oven Ready Deal?’ That was the Leaving Part, not the trade deal. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jamie Jones said:

You obviously have a total lack of understanding how negotiation work within the political world.

Wow, sorry, I didn’t realise that I was in a discussion with a leading expert in how the political world works.

If you think that inept planning leading up to a major part of our history is ‘how it was going to be’ shows inept planning on an exemplary level.

I usually find that when I plan a job in depth, it tends to workbetter. 

1 hour ago, The avantgardener said:

That was the "Withdrawal agreement" not Brexit.

In the withdrawal agreement both parties agreed to negotiate "in good faith" the EU have unfortunately failed to do so.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Khriss said:

There is no obligation for the EU to make this easy for Us,  We Are leaving.... Why should they?  As Napleon said ' pour encourageur les auttres'  in our case it is to make it as shitty as possible if you decide to leave the EU.  K

I have no obligation to treat my customers well......but if I want them to continue using my services and paying me money, then dealing fairly with them is a good idea.

It never ceases to amaze me that people somehow think we owe the EU something? It's a club, you pay for the membership, IF you think the benefits are worth paying for, if not don't. Why would the EU not want to continue selling us far more goods and services than we sell them? They only wish to punish us because they a fearful that other countries will also quit and they will loose their unelected gravy train.

I'm just very pleased that Boris (for all his faults) can see through their bluff. Do you really think the French will simply let their fishing industry collapse? and allow Ireland's economy to implode? I never for one second thought Sunday was the end of the road, there will be a deal, nothing surer, IMO. Although part of me wishes we would just go WTO.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

The EU for all its massive failings was the ideological and financial glue that bound Europe together.
Look beyond our green and pleasant lands, the view is not a rosy one.

Sorry but I have to disagree.

I honestly think if we all pull together, we can make this country great again and reclaim our identity. From, manufacturing to construction to everything else, instead of people saying no we can't do it, to saying yes we can do it, then sooner the better.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1