Stihl 500i wrap handle

flawer

It seems that Stihl EU are not able to sell the 500i wrap handle, and its only available to the US market. 

I am looking to import some from a friend US (the US dealers can't ship direct). Please drop me a direct message if you would be interested in one. 

My first order will be placed early next week so please confirm asap. 

Thanks 

Edited by flawer

1 minute ago, spudulike said:

That's a German company for you, don't see the fact there is a market for them but wants to stop the silly customers getting what they want!!

Good thing Husqvarna let me have what i want! ?

I'd like a full wrap on my 550 too.. might have to fire up the TIG machine and make one.

• Like 1

If you are going to the trouble of ordering one for the 500 make sure you get the air deflector with it. As for the 550 maybe a 560/562 one could be altered a bit although the "wrap" part  mounts into the bottom of the fuel tank so would be a problem on 550. If you remove the grey tank protector on the 560/562 you will see the 3rd mount for the 3/4 wrap. You could perhaps try for a full wrap style as fitted to the 357 ? I look at my 357 full wrap and it's a great bit of work!

Said what I was thinking mate.

I don’t get what a full wrap does what I couldn’t achieve myself with a bit of effort (which would explain the fat Yank thing), and would certainty hamper fells where every inch counts?

I’m waiting to be corrected.

Ive used all my saws on pulling and pushing chain upside, inside, offside, outside, downside, BLMside, C19side and Westside over the the years.

I’ll be gutted if I’ve missed something that isn’t just a status symbol in the UK.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

There's nothing like a full wrap handle on a bigger saw when chogging down?

Just a lot easier for handling. I know it's not essential and is possible without of course but then anything to make a chog down at the end of the day easier is welcome ?

Personally keep a saw available for low cuts as you say as well.

Cannot see how it would void a warranty though!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1