Another cowboy job

TArrryan

Having seen some of the examples of cowboy work here I remembered a few pictures of work that was carried out by another company a few years ago. I had been maintaining the garden of a client for about 6 months when he approached the landscape company I worked for In regards to pruning back some overhanging branches, cleaning out the beds and putting some new plants in. The company didn't do tree work so we reccomended a local surgeon for that and gave a quote for the other work he desired. about a week later we found out he had declined to contact the surgeon and turned the quote down. fair enough we thought, a few weeks of normal maintinence passed, then on the 3rd week we returned to a massacare!!!

Seems he had employed a local cowboy company to do all the work instead, I'll point out now that the client was actualy happy with the results!! and the planting done didn't in anyway resemble what we had quoted for.

the tree work had been done horrendously either from a ladder or pole saw, and in the front we found evidence of them using a chainsaw as a hedge cutter. the so called bark mulch they put down was just rotted leaf littler which would vanish in less than a year. Oh and the trees in question are on council land.

Brace yourselves

P1080126.jpg.f86789882035e0b8c0671af1bcb26954.jpg

P1080124.jpg.69018d74f3d298d0b36524540663aede.jpg

P1080123.jpg.b6a7aee59302873ffbe5f5a6b7eb8ec8.jpg

P1080120.jpg.04c3ac4a6de9b5ba3124204cf76a7f46.jpg

P1080116.jpg.7fd75febaa4dc05a741d51a9180057e1.jpg

P1080113.jpg.bb83d3edbdf3b555e13efd767036e956.jpg

P1080111.jpg.b60d08db04d4a0499773717355f18534.jpg

P1080110.jpg.02f371679d1fda8493a7510146968cdc.jpg

P1080108.jpg.d9dccdabefb8eff08c0deb832bfdeb5b.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor tree, pikeys really did one over on that.

If my memory serves me correctly our quote (not including tree work) was aprantly only a little lower than what these people charged him, shows people are willing to sacrifice alot in the name of saving a few quid

I wasn't the one who drew up the quote but I did see it, I was still young and a little foolish at the time.

If I remember right It included reshaping the beds to look more natural, the shape you see there was only created as a tempory edge when we started the maintenance just so we had a edge to mow the lawn too. the planting would of been on a much larger scale, groups of 3 or 5 shrubs with some herbacious here and there. there was a privit hedge at the back which was to be removed completely, something the pikeys only partialy did. 2" fark mulch all round.

nothing too special to start with but in a few years time once the shrubs had grown it would of looked nice for what he was willing to pay (or not)

Not sure about the tree work as that was passed on to the local surgeon, but i guess it would of been along similer lines, only done properly. This was a job in lymington/new milton area

edit: I should point out the area of lawn in the second picture was naturaly crap, it was in heavy shade with clay soil. nothing much would be done unless he wanted ris of the conny hedge which consumes about 10 feet