Unseasoned prices

Somerset Sam

Hello,

We have had to extract tones and tonnes of ash (as a lot of people have) and have huge piles. Have had a few people looking to buy trailer (Eg. 12-16 ft) loads of unseasoned, cut to approx 2 metre lengths. If anyone here buys in this manor to then process and season and sell on then what do you think would be a reasonable price point? Have a processor myself and space to season but with the quantities that we have I would be looking to unseasoned as well.
I’ve not really had to deal with the timber side before as that was my late Dad’s area and I did the physical work.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

32 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Ours unseasoned price for logs is £140 for 2 cube loads.

Way too lo cost Beau - sb 180 - 200 inc. 

Now that the legislation has been signed off, we all have to retail at sustainable prices.

Remember you have document that the customer needs to keep it for 2 years before burning.

There are no words that that will describe how the average retailer in the Firewood industry feels.

Just have to take this one on the chin !

Edited by arboriculturist

49 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Way too lo cost Beau - sb 180 - 200 inc. 

Now that the legislation has been signed off, we all have to retail at sustainable prices.

Remember you have document that the customer needs to keep it for 2 years before burning.

There are no words that that will describe how the average retailer in the Firewood industry feels.

Just have to take this one on the chin !

Dont think it's that low. Takes about a tonne to make 2 cube and thats processing straight into the truck without the rigmarole of crates and drying all the logs. Happy to do this in the off season for a bit of turnover

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Fair enough if that give you the return you are after - I've never exceed 1.75/tonne average over all the log lengths produced - you must be getting all the dry roundwood !

Not dry but we cut our logs smaller than many and this makes each cube a bit lighter and they also dry faster so win win in my book. Ignore how long it takes re-splitting all the oversized logs coming off the conveyor haha