Echo 2511 oiling problem rectified

5 shires

Hi All just an update to a post I put up a couple of months ago in relation to the oiling issue I have had with my 2511 Echo top handle,so just to update anyone who needs to know if they are having the same issue...the saw would work fab for maybe a day and then the chain would just start to tighten up on its own and continue to do so even after a good clean out.

it must have been in 4 times with the same problem and every time I got it back it would do the same thing,now I can’t remember who it was on here who said he had the same problem and he ended up taking the gauze off the oil filter and his saw worked perfectly,then I think some one said try a stihl oil filter as taking the gauze completely off would allow to much crap in.

Well  it’s been a while now since I changed the standard Echo filter for a regular stihl one and the result is amazing and it’s been perfect...I have a 150 but the Echo is my go to little pruning saw and it’s better then ever so if any one else is having the same problem with any of there Echo saws as far as oiling is concerned I would suggest to just change your oil filter for a stihl...jobs a good un and thanks to who everybit was who posted the information.??

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The wee pegs on the worm are worn slightly but enough to suddenly stop oiling.

I had one in stock from #Sagenspezi.

Still running with no filter on the oil pipe but I'll follow the advice given and fit one when I next order from #Sagenspezi

Now to fit a fresh worm to my 241 and a solenoid.

#wetfridays

Stuart

20201211_105216.jpg