Jump to content
arboriculturist

Most suitable Ifor Williams plant trailer ?

Recommended Posts

Love my gx106 just purely for the capacity and the size. 

 

At times it can be a bit numb but nice trailer all round..... 

 

Only thing with the GX range is they are all folds and rivited together..... Don't know how long that will last lol 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

The width is a deciding factor - knowhere does Ifor W. give external dimensions but I am guessing most are 18" wider externally than internally - making the GH 1054   7ft wide,  whereas the GH 94BT   5ft 11" wide.

 

The Ranger is 5' 7 1/2 " wide and also it is all hills, tight access around our region which is why compact is good.

 

3.5T rating would be fantastic in a GH 94BT 

 

 

GAP spec is approx 1300mm bed width and 1800mm overall width

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

GAP spec is approx 1300mm bed width and 1800mm overall width

1300mm   =   5 ft 10 55/64 inches - So I was quite close with my estimate of 5ft  11 inches wide.

 

Thanks for checking that !

 

How many trailers do you have there to be able to go out and give accurate measurements, when someone on a Forum asks a random trailer measurement question ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, swinny said:

Love my gx106 just purely for the capacity and the size. 

 

At times it can be a bit numb but nice trailer all round..... 

 

Only thing with the GX range is they are all folds and rivited together..... Don't know how long that will last lol 😂

It doesn’t, my old one cracked, right where the spring hanger meets the body of the trailer- very thin section of folded steel, my GH1054 looks to be much stronger.

B4AD5BB1-0A14-4019-BB79-BFCA471A69AB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

1300mm   =   5 ft 10 55/64 inches - So I was quite close with my estimate of 5ft  11 inches wide.

 

Thanks for checking that !

 

How many trailers do you have there to be able to go out and give accurate measurements, when someone on a Forum asks a random trailer measurement question ?

Too many!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

1300mm   =   5 ft 10 55/64 inches - So I was quite close with my estimate of 5ft  11 inches wide.

 

Thanks for checking that !

 

How many trailers do you have there to be able to go out and give accurate measurements, when someone on a Forum asks a random trailer measurement question ?

1300mm = 5ft 10”? Might need to check again!

for what it’s worth I have a GH 1054 and find it’s perfect for Devon lanes, have no issue with it at all behind my landy. Winston Pincombe was brilliant to deal with too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d also add that even though I could fit my 1.8t digger on a smaller trailer the 1054 allows loads of extra room for buckets/attachments, can even just fit a dumpy bag in front of the digger, but also can fit a 3 ton tracked dumper in (just) and my 2.8tonner so all in all very versatile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

1300mm = 5ft 10”? Might need to check again!

for what it’s worth I have a GH 1054 and find it’s perfect for Devon lanes, have no issue with it at all behind my landy. Winston Pincombe was brilliant to deal with too.

I met the Brother of the bloke who ran Win Pin about 19 years ago, he was a water diviner amongst other things and boy did he know his stuff.

 

I can divine as can most people, but he was giving depths and flow rates - Jesus !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

I met the Brother of the bloke who ran Win Pin about 19 years ago, he was a water diviner amongst other things and boy did he know his stuff.

 

I can divine as can most people, but he was giving depths and flow rates - Jesus !!!

Would that not be Win Pins brother himself? Winstons still at it and his wife Heather mans the phones and is a delight to deal with. They had something like 200 trailers on order from Ifor so really didn’t need my custom but were ever so helpful in getting my 1054 quicker than any one else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.