Most suitable Ifor Williams plant trailer ?

arboriculturist

2 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

The width is a deciding factor - knowhere does Ifor W. give external dimensions but I am guessing most are 18" wider externally than internally - making the GH 1054   7ft wide,  whereas the GH 94BT   5ft 11" wide.

The Ranger is 5' 7 1/2 " wide and also it is all hills, tight access around our region which is why compact is good.

3.5T rating would be fantastic in a GH 94BT 

GAP spec is approx 1300mm bed width and 1800mm overall width

2 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

GAP spec is approx 1300mm bed width and 1800mm overall width

1300mm   =   5 ft 10 55/64 inches - So I was quite close with my estimate of 5ft  11 inches wide.

Thanks for checking that !

How many trailers do you have there to be able to go out and give accurate measurements, when someone on a Forum asks a random trailer measurement question ?

5 hours ago, swinny said:

Love my gx106 just purely for the capacity and the size. 

At times it can be a bit numb but nice trailer all round..... 

Only thing with the GX range is they are all folds and rivited together..... Don't know how long that will last lol ?

It doesn’t, my old one cracked, right where the spring hanger meets the body of the trailer- very thin section of folded steel, my GH1054 looks to be much stronger.

B4AD5BB1-0A14-4019-BB79-BFCA471A69AB.jpeg

29 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

1300mm   =   5 ft 10 55/64 inches - So I was quite close with my estimate of 5ft  11 inches wide.

How many trailers do you have there to be able to go out and give accurate measurements, when someone on a Forum asks a random trailer measurement question ?

Too many!!! 

29 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

1300mm = 5ft 10”? Might need to check again!

for what it’s worth I have a GH 1054 and find it’s perfect for Devon lanes, have no issue with it at all behind my landy. Winston Pincombe was brilliant to deal with too.

19 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

1300mm = 5ft 10”? Might need to check again!

for what it’s worth I have a GH 1054 and find it’s perfect for Devon lanes, have no issue with it at all behind my landy. Winston Pincombe was brilliant to deal with too.

I met the Brother of the bloke who ran Win Pin about 19 years ago, he was a water diviner amongst other things and boy did he know his stuff.

I can divine as can most people, but he was giving depths and flow rates - Jesus !!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

I met the Brother of the bloke who ran Win Pin about 19 years ago, he was a water diviner amongst other things and boy did he know his stuff.

I can divine as can most people, but he was giving depths and flow rates - Jesus !!!

Would that not be Win Pins brother himself? Winstons still at it and his wife Heather mans the phones and is a delight to deal with. They had something like 200 trailers on order from Ifor so really didn’t need my custom but were ever so helpful in getting my 1054 quicker than any one else.